1. What is the transfer order?
A transfer order is created for picking the goods in warehouse management. Transfer order contains
1. Material Number
2. Quantity to be moved
3. Source storage bin to destination storage bin.
Through this transfer order picking list generated.
2. What are the fields in pricing procedure?
There are 16 fields that are given below:
1. Step 2.Counter 3 Condition type 4. Description 5. From 6. To 7. Manual
8. Mandatory 9. Statistic 10. Print 11. Subtotal 12. Requirement 13 alternative calculation type
14. Alternative condition base value 15. Account key 16 Accrual
3. What are the Standard output types in SD?
BA00 for order LD00 for delivery RD00 for billing and RD03 for Cash sales.
4. What is Condition type?
Condition type is a pricing element such as a discount, freight, surcharge. This is used in pricing procedure to represent condition record.
5. What is the difference between the delivery document & scheduling?
The delivery document is an electronic document where store when how much quantity of materials and where the materials should go? on the other side, scheduling represents when materials will be delivered in that case backward scheduling and forward scheduling is used.
6 How is the item category determined?
In general item category determination is happened through sales document type+item usage+item category group+higher level item category +default item category
In the creating from reference document item category determination is happened from copy control where source item category to target item category. if it is not maintained, item category determination happens through normal determination like sales document type+ item usage+item category group + higher level item category+default item category.
7. What is Extract used in condition tech? in pricing?
Condition table+Access sequence+Condition type+pricing procedure=condition technique.
The above extract is used to find suitable condition record.
8. What is the difference between plant and storage location?
A plant may be delivering plant and production plant and storage plant.
In Sales and Distribution, since the plant is assigned with the sales organization and distribution channel, it is called delivering plant.
Storage location, where the materials are stored, that is called storage location. the storage location is located in the plant. Many storage locations can be located in one plant.
9. What is Lean Warehouse Management?
Lean warehouse management is a small part of the function provided by the warehouse management structure.
It only includes fixed bin storage. it switches off some functions of warehouse management activities that are given below :
- storage section
- Reserve storage bin
- Strategy to put away and picking
- Inventory of storage bin level.
10. What is the purpose of the sales document type?
- Sales document will determine whether the process will be cash sales or rush order
- It will determine the process of whether the order will be a normal order or release order.
- It will determine what will be the delivery type of order.
- It will determine what will be the billing type of order.
11. What is an integration point between SD AND MM?
When an order is created availability check and transfer of requirement happens, that is one SD and MM integration point.
In the case of delivery, picking happens and after that PGI happens that is another integration point of SD and MM.
12. What are MRP types?
MRP Means How the material is planned-such as Automatic reorder point planning, annual reorder point planning, Forecast Planning.
13. What is the use of customer Account group?
- Customer Account group control the master data of customer
- It helps to determine customer number assignment
- It helps to determine which field should be optional and which field should be mandatory and hide.
- It controls the transaction of a customer master
14. What is the difference between incomplete order and backorder processing?
In the case of creating a sales order, when mandatory fields are missing, it is called incomplete order and it is decided by incompletion procedure.
Backorder processing when material quantity is not confirmed or delivery confirmation date cannot be kept.
There are two types of backorder processing 1) manual back order processing
2) Automatic via rescheduling
15. Why does the customer master have different views?
there are three views in customer master data that are given below:
a) General Data: general data is applicable for accounting and sales and distribution purpose
Address, Control data, payment transaction, marketing, unloading point, export data, contact person
b) Company Code Data: Company code data is applicable only accounting purpose.
Account management,payment transaction,correspondence,insurance
c) Sales area Data: sales area data is applicable only sales and distribution purpose.
16. What ist-code for listing the blocked documents?
T-code of listing blocked VKM1.
17. What is the batch split?
When products are coming from a different batch and its batch number are different, batch split happen.
18. What is the Product attributes?
By defining product attributes, you take customer preferences for product substitution into account. For example, you may have customers who refuse products produced abroad or products that contain a coupon. When you define product attributes, the system checks them in product selection, ignoring any material with a product attribute that the customer has explicitly rejected.
19. What is the difference between SD account key and FI account key?
As far as account key concern both are the same to find the right G/L Account through condition technique.SD account key will be from pricing procedure. On the other hand, FI account key will be from tax procedure.
20. How is credit control determined?
Credit control area determined by credit control area+Credit Risk Category+Credit group.
21. What are the parameters in FD32?
you can see an overview of the customer, address of the customer, central data of customer, status and payment history of the customer.
22. What is the difference between routine and requirements?
routines define which field should copy from reference document to the target document.
The requirement should meet when is being copied from source document to target document. If a requirement is not met, a warning message is displayed or the process may be terminated.
23. What is condition supplement and why is it used?
Condition supplement doesn’t have any access sequence. They found together underlying one condition record. You set allowed condition supplement in customizing for the main condition type by assigning different pricing procedure. In the case of the creation of sales order, when pricing procedure is taken into account, condition supplement is applied.
24. What is the difference between milestone and periodic billing?
Milestone billing is used in Plant engineering and construction, the full amount of money are spreading over several dates within the billing plan.
Periodic billing is used in Rental contract. The full amount of money is billed over a certain period of time.
25. What is the landscape?
The system landscape basically is the set-up or arrangement of your SAP servers. Ideally, in an SAP environment, a three-system landscape exists. A three-system landscape consists of the Development Server-DEV, Quality Assurance Server-QAS, and the Production Server-PROD. This kind of set-up is not primarily designed to serve as server clusters in case of system failure, the objective to enhance “configuration pipeline management”.
26. What is a variant in reporting?
The variant is a variation of a report which delivered either R/3 system or saves it. Each variant contains different fields that are populated when you call up the report.
27. What is the difference between Static and Dynamic Credit Check?
Static credit check is a check which is comparing the credit limit assign to the customer to the total value of open sales order, plus total value of open delivery that are not yet to invoiced plus total amount billing document that are yet to be passed on accounting plus total value of billing amount that are yet to be paid by customer.
Dynamic credit is a check which is comparing the credit limit assign to the customer to the total value of open sales order, plus total value of open delivery that are not yet to invoiced plus total amount billing document that are yet to be passed on accounting plus total value of billing amount that are yet to be paid by customer.
But, the difference is that time period (credit horizon) is attached with dynamic credit states that the system is not calculated all open item and all open value after the credit horizon. On the other hand, there is no time period is not attached to the static credit limit. For this reason, all open items and all open values are taken into account.
28. What is the difference between the item proposal and dynamic proposal?
In item proposal, when you enter details in the sales document and click the propose items to get item list of the customer regularly purchases
On the other hand, once you specify the sold-to-party and press enter, the system automatically gives the list of materials for the customer regularly in a faster way than item proposal.
29. What is the field catalog?
A field catalog is a list of newly added field. If you want to create a table, you have to create a field that is added to the field catalog. After that, you can create a table.
30. What is the difference between condition type EK01 and EK02?
EK01 is used as actual cost and EK02 is used as a calculated cost. Both are used in make-to-order production. In the case of EK01, the unit cost is issued the first position on the conditions screen for the items. The value can be used for the basis of price determination.
On the other hand, in the case of EK02, the result of unit costing is simply a statistical value which is compared with price.
31. What are the user exits?
User Exit is the place where you can enhance sap documents and you can activate and deactivate some fields and create some fields through coding. Even, you can create new routine and formula through coding. But, you cannot change the standard sap document. This is can be done by ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming)
32. What is the Function of the item category group?
Item category group will determine the item category of an item in a sales document. It is maintained material master sales organization 2.Suppose, in the case BOM, if item category group is ‘ERLA’, higher level item category ‘TAQ’ and sub-item category is ‘TAE’.On the other hand, if the item category group is ‘LUMF’, higher level item category is TAP’ and sub-item item category is ‘TAN’. Item category depends on the sales organization and distribution channel. it is only outbound delivery.
33. What is the pricing procedure?
Pricing procedure will determine how pricing take place in sales order and billing. In Pricing procedure, there are condition types and there are 16 columns which control the condition types to determine how the condition type will behave in a pricing procedure.
34. What is condition exclusion?
Condition exclusion indicator can be set in condition type and condition record.
If it is set in condition record, condition type is excluded from being accessing and requirement function is ignored.
On the other hand, condition exclusion in condition record help to compare condition record between two condition exclusion groups or between two condition types to determine the best price. All other condition types will be deactivated.
35. Which delivery document type for STO process?
There are two STO (Stock Transfer Order) that is 1) intracompany stock transport order which delivery document type is ‘UB’ and 2) intercompany stock transport order which delivery document type is “NB”.
36. What is the difference between the header level condition and item level condition?
Header level condition is maintained in the header level pricing procedure in the sales order. This condition does not have any access sequence. So; you have to maintain condition record manually. This condition record distributed proportionately between items in whole documents .if you assign formula of alternative condition base value with condition type, condition type will distribute between items in the whole document on the basis alternative condition base value.
Item level condition is applicable only for that item. it has access sequence. So, condition record can be fetched automatically from the condition table.
37. What is the link between credit management and subtotals?
In pricing procedure pricing value plus tax is stored in a subtotal field that is A) VBAP-CMPRE which is used for a credit check in order and delivery through credit group which is assigned with sales document type and delivery document type.
38. What is Delivery group and what is its purpose?
The delivery group is used for a credit check. Because credit group is assigned with a delivery group.
Automatic credit control happens in the delivery group.
39. What is the main purpose of maintaining the master data?
- Master data provides important sources of data for creating documents.
- Master data help to run the business transaction smoothly.
- Master data help to define which field is important and which field is important
40. What is the line item?
The line item is an individual item in a sales document which has an item detail such as shipping point, division, and route.
41. What is the difference between listing and exclusion?
If a company want to give certain products to a particular customer, the company need to create listing through code VB01.On the other hand, if the customer doesn’t want to purchase one product among the other products. You can exclude this product from the list. Through code VB02.Listing and Exclusion follow condition technique.
42. What are the functions performed in a support client?
the function is to solve day to day issue sent by the end user and sometimes enhancement too.
43. What is Header Condition
In Header, the condition doesn’t have any access sequence. For this reason, it has to be maintained manually in header level pricing procedure in the sales order. So, its values are divided among different items in a sales order proportionately such as HM00, AMIW condition type.
44. What are the highest organizational units in SD, MM, PP, and FICO?
Highest Organizational unit in SD is the Sales Organisation. Highest organization unit in MM is Plant and Highest Organization in PP is Plant. Highest organization unit FI is Company code and CO is controlling area.
45. What is the functionality of negative posting in billing document?
In the standard system, credit memo and cancellations document are posted opposite side of account as compared to customer receivable account. Customer requested that credit memo and cancellations should be posted on the same side of a customer account, this allows the account to have zero balance. The totals line in the account can also be zero, in other word, sales do not take place. Therefore, you have activated the negative posting option in billing doc type.
46. How is the shipping point determined?
Shipping condition from sales document type, if it is not maintained, it takes from sol-to-party customer master sales area shipping tab page.
Delivering plant from customer material info record, if it not maintained, it takes from ship-to-party customer master record .if it is not maintained, it takes from material master sales-org1.
Loading group from material master record plant/storage 1 tab page
47. What is the difference between transport and task?
The Transport request contains transport no and tasks no. Task no contains activities. When the request is released, a task no released first then request no is released.
48. What is the client specific data?
Client-specific data means when data is maintained within the same client suppose client 500, and under 500 clients you create company structure and under this company structure you create customer master data and material master data and under this company structure, all business transactions have happened. Thus, all business transactions which is happened in the same 500(client) that is called client-specific data.
49. What is ABAP debugging?
Debugging is a process to understand program behavior in runtime. SAP has an inbuilt debugger which is part of the ABAP workbench.
50. What is the difference between discount and rebate?
Discount is given on individual purchase whatever customer purchase suppose customer want to purchase 2 two soft drink bottle each 2 ltr and after purchase, the customer will get a discount on two bottle purchase. On the hand, Rebate is given a total volume of sales in particular customer
on yearly or monthly and retrospectively.
SAP SD Questions pdf free download::
51. What are the routines?
Routines are a formula which is hardcoded and prepared by ABAPer.As a functional consultant, you can only do system modification. But, you cannot create routines.
52. What is meant by Variant Configuration?
The attribute of materials are not predefined and there are many possible variations, you can define them in the sales order in the context of a variant. You can define in a sales order on the context of a variation configure.
53. What is the relationship between the sales organization and the Company code?
The sales organization is the highest organizational unit in sales and distribution and company code is the highest organization element in FI.
54. What are the influencing factors for account determination?
Account determination is depended on Application +Condition type+ Chart of Account + Sales organization+Account assignment group of payer master +Account assignment group of material +Account key.
55. What are the dependencies invariant configuration?
Configurable Material, Configurable profile, Class, and value that is depended on the variant configuration.
56. How is the alternate condition base value?
Alternate condition base value is used in pricing procedure to calculate a value on the basis of the base value of a material such as you want to give 10 % discount to the material on the basis of the material base value. For this reason, you have to assign a certain routine that is called an alternate condition base value.
57. What is the use of pod?
POD means proof of delivery. When delivery is being done, at the time of receiving, ship-to-party verifies whether any discrepancy is there, if the discrepancy is there, delivery is not confirmed. If the quantity is ok, ship-to-party Transfer proof of delivery through IDOC to R/3 system.
58. When will you combine deliveries into one invoice?
When the delivery due date, destination country, bill-to-party is same, deliveries are combined into one invoice
59. What happens if we check ‘exclusive’ indication in access sequence, and what happens if we do not check?
Basically, the access sequence finds the exact condition record in cond. table by search statuary with the help of exclusive indication.
60. Can anyone tell about the types of free goods?
1) In paste: 25% extra more -it’s inclusive
2) When you buy paste you get a brush free, it’s exclusive.
61. What are the 16 steps in the pricing procedure?
- Condition type,
- Alt condition type,
- Alt condition base value,
- Act key and
62. Difference between plant and storage location?
A plant is a manufacturing unit and it is a place where Materials have to be kept.
A storage location is a place in the plant, wherein materials Have to be stored
63. Do u have any link for customer master and credit management?
We can maintain individual customer credit limit in Customer Master. In t.code (fd32).we can define the total credit limit For sales area and credit limit for the individual sales area.
64. Explain about sales order cycle?
65. What is the relation between the sales organization and company codes?
Many to One
66. Sales order is created 1st November for 200 kinds of toothpaste 100 brushes free of goods(2+1 free goods). At the time of delivery on 15th November, you have a shortage of brushes by 40. Offer closed on 15th November. How do you solve in this scenario?
At 15 Th Nov 40 shortage toothpaste have given 100% free Goods discount. Cond type is R100.
67. Can one create a delivery with reference to the project?
68. What is the difference between cash sales and rush order?
In rush order if a customer places an order delivery will Take place immediately billing will be a letter.
In cash sale, if a customer places an order delivery and Billing will be on the same day.
69. How the system picks up pricing while doing billing?
From Sales Order
70. Diff between business sale cycle and customer sale cycles?
The contract is the business sale cycle and schedule line is the cust. sale cycle.
71. How do we control the credit checks with specific to distribution channel and division?
By assigning the credit control area to specific sales area
72. CAN YOU CONFIGURE TWO DIFF FREE GOODS ITEMS FOR ONE SINGLE ITEM?
EXAMPLE- ON PURCHASING OF ITEM A U WANTS TO GIVE ITEM B & C FREE. IS IT POSSIBLE? HOW?
Yes, it is possible by the exclusive free goods.
73. For the 1st 10 sales order, I want to give a discount, so what customization we have to do with
74. Can you delete an order?
YOU CAN DELETE THE ORDER BUT THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY TRANSACTIONS ON THE PARTICULAR ORDER.
75. MWST? Pl explains in detail.
MWST is Tax Condition Category which will be Assigned to Country IN.
76. What makes Listing & exclusion Work differently than each other?
Listing— only the materials which is applicable to the Customers.
Exclusion— The materials which are not applicable to the Customers
77. How to do customization of rebate processing in sap SD?
- activate rebate in customer master data
- selling material should be activated in MM data
- sales org. should be activated
- billing doc should be activated
78. Which partner function relent for credit limit?
Sold to the party is relevant for a credit limit
79. Name three areas/processes which use condition technique in SD?
Material determination, pricing determination, Output determination, Account determination.
80. Explain what a condition table and an access sequence are and the relationship between them?
Condition table defines the combination of fields (the key) that identifies an individual condition record.
Access sequence is a search strategy that the system uses to find valid data for a particular condition type.
81. What is the condition type? What are the two main groups of condition types?
Condition type is a representation in the system of your daily pricing activities. Fixed Amount & Percentage.
82. Which partner function is relevant when it comes to tax calculation in the sales order?
83. Where would you specify that a condition type is a discount or a surcharge?
In Condition Type Details Screen.
84. You want to list all condition records for a certain material or a certain sales organization. How would you do that?
By creating pricing Reports.
85. Can you explain what a statistical condition is? Give an example for a statistical condition?
86. For what do you use customer hierarchies?
87. Name the influencing factors for pricing procedure determination during sales order entry?
Customer, Sales Document Type, and Sales Area.
88. Can you copy condition records? If yes, are there any restrictions?
89. Tax jurisdiction processing is a close link between which two modules?
FI & SD.
90. Can you delete an invoice?
No. You can cancel it and create cancellation document
91. When you create an invoice can you carry out pricing again?
92. From which documents can you create a Performa invoice?
Sales order or delivery.
93. When you create a credit memo request do you always have to refer to a sales order or any other previous document?
Only sales order.
94. Can you combine orders into one invoice?
95. Can you split deliveries into several invoices? When would you do that?
Yes. If the data from the related reference the system will automatically split the invoice.
96. Can one business area be valid for several company codes?
97. There is an interface between SD and FI in invoicing. Can you think of another interface between SD and FI?
Credit check, Tax calculation, and Cost Estimate. Plant
98. Can you partially settle rebate accruals?
99. Is it possible to link R/3 projects to the MS project?
100. What two ways of number assignment for documents or master data do you know? Explain the difference between them.
Internal & External.
101. Can you share master data between several sales areas?
102. What does the account group of the customer control?
Number assignment, Screen Layout.
103. What are the two influence factors for field selection for customer master record maintenance?
Account Group, Transactions.
104. Name at least five features that you can control for the sale document type?
Text, Partner, Pricing, Taxes, Output, Delivery.
105. Why do you have different sales document types in R/3?
For business transactions.
106. Name at least five features that you can control for the item category?
Pricing, Relevance for delivery, Relevance for billing, Incompletion log, Partner, Tax.
107. Name at least five features that you can control for the schedule line category?
Relevance for delivery, Availability check, Transfer of Requirements, Goods Movement, Purchasing and Incompletion log.
108. Explain how the system can automatically determine the item category in the sales order.
Sales document type + Higher level Item category + Item category group + Item Usage.
109. Explain how the system can automatically determine the schedule line category in the sales order?
Item category + MRP type.
110. Once the system determined the item level schedule line category automatically in the sales order, can you still change it manually?
111. What is the item category group? Where do you maintain it?
Item category group is defining the features of the item and it represents the’s the function and it how will work in the sales process.
112. What do you control at item category level in the delivery?
Determination of Picking Location, Minimum Delivery Quantity.
113. Basic elements of condition technique?
There are 5 basic elements of condition technique:
- Creating condition table(s),
- Access Sequence,
- Condition Type,
- Placing the Condition type in the Procedure.
114. You want to set up a new condition type. Name the necessary steps you have to do if you want the system to determine the new condition type automatically during sales order entry?
Use this vk11 transaction code.
115. When you think of the five possible elements necessary for the account determining during the posting of a sales invoice – where from does the system get the information?
Chart of a/c group, customer a/c group, material a/c group, sales org., and a/c keys.
116. During route determination, the system also needs to know the departure Zone of the goods to be shipped. How does this information come into the sales order?
117. Where do you assign text determination procedures for customer master records and for documents?
Account Group, Item Category.
118. Can you make texts mandatory for a customer master or a sales document?
119. Can you specify when output should be created? If yes, what possibilities do you have?
Yes. Print out, Mail, EDI, Fax.
120. What does the material type control?
121. What is the purpose of the request number which is generated when u save customization?
That is used to move your non-cross client customizations.
122. What is the difference between General Item Category Group and Item Category Group?
- Item category group: is used for SD to configure the item Category and how this item behaves in the sales order.
- General Item category group: determines the category of the Item like trading goods, service goods, finished goods Etc…
123. In which scenario order and billing has different pricing procedure?
When we use rebate.
124. If you generate bill more than credit limit then what will happen?
How can you go for billing? The system will block at order level Or delivery level only.
125. Can one have multiple packing for delivery?
Yes we can do multiple packing for delivery
SAP SD Faqs::