VBScript Interview Questions with Answers:-
1. Define about VB Script?
VB script is a Microsoft programming language and it resembles a lower version of the VB. It is an Active Scripting language. This scripting language is included in the Windows operating system by default. With the use of msscript.ocx, you can install a VB Script.
2. Give examples where VB script can directly run on users system with Windows as OS?
A simple example detailing the running of VB Script is by utilizing the Windows Script host environment. Visual basic is a stand-alone application which has a .vbs as an extension. Input can be provided through the graphical user interface and output can be obtained by Wscript.exe from dialog and input boxes. From the command line, it can be invoked by Cscript.exe.
3. Define VBScript in detail.
This is a scripting language developed by Microsoft and is based loosely on Visual Basic. Its functionality in a web environment is defendant upon either an ASP engine or the Windows Scripting Host and must be used on a Windows hosting platform.
4. What are string functions in VBScript?
- Asc() – Returns ANSI Character Code
- Chr() – Returns Character from ANSI Code
- InStr() – Find a string within another
- InStrRev() – Find a string within another (Reverse)
- LCase() – Convert a string to lowercase
- Left() – Crops a string from left
- Len() – Determine the length of a string
- LTrim() – Remove leading spaces from a string
- Mid() – Crops a string
- Replace() – Replace a substring within a string
- Right() – Crops a string from right
- RTrim() – Remove trailing spaces from a string
- Space() – Creates a string with the specified number of spaces
- StrComp() – Compare two strings
- String() – Creates a repeated character string
- StrReverse() – Reverse the characters of a string
- Trim() – Remove both leading and trailing spaces from a string
- UCase() – Convert a string to uppercase
5. Define few date functions in VBScript.
6. What is event handling in VBScript?
The actions that are performed by clicking, pressing keys, moving the mouse, dragging and dropping, etc are called events. Event handling is the way to capture these events and perform the actions accordingly.
7. Define about .wsf files?
.wsf files are modeled in similar to XML. They can be executed with the help of Wscript.exe and it can be done from the command line also. This .wsf file can have multiple visual basic files. Reuse functionality is present with this extension file.
8. Define about the extension .hta?
.hta extension is used whenever you want to include a VB script in HTML. Here HTML acts as an interface and VB Script as the programming language. .hta extension files do run in the safe and trusted zone of Internet Explorer. Although they run in the trusted zone querying is restricted as it has to pass the guidelines of internet explorer.
9. Define some uses of VB Script?
- They interact with the Document object model. A visual basic script can also be used for server-side processing with ASP.
11. Define the support of ASP for VB Script functionality?
Visual Basic should rely on ASP for server-side processing. Asp.dll is used to make VB Script run on ASP engine and it invokes vbscript.dll. VB Script should be embedded within <% and %> context switches. ASP can provide varied functionality to VB Script.
12. Define about the functionality of VBScript?
Active X technology can be used to give much more functionality to VB Script. VB provides subroutines, functions, string manipulation, data/time, error handling, etc. VB can have more functionality added to it by working with languages such as ASP.
13. Define about scrrun.dll?
The scripting Runtime library is very important for the functioning of Visual basic script because it gives much more functionality such as File management, text operations, and file modification features. Scrrun.dll is used very much in programming VB.
14. Define about ADODB.Stream class?
ADODB.Stream class can be used as a string builder. VBScript string concatenation can be very costly because of frequent memory allocation features. Binary file and memory I/O operation is provided by ADODB.Stream class. This is widely used to convert bytes into a string, etc.
15. Define about arrays in VB Script?
Arrays in VB Script should be assigned within the variant separated by a comma. If arguments are not specified then the string is regarded as empty. After specifying the elements in an array an index number should be used indicating the desired element.
VBScript Questions pdf free download::
16. Define the Asc function?
According to the first letter in a string, it returns the ANSI code relevant to that first letter. If the string is not present then a runtime error occurs. Asc function returns the first byte used. It is used only with elements containing byte data in a string.
17. Define filter expression?
Filter expression returns an array based on a specific filter search condition and it returns a zero-based array. Arguments included in the filter array are Input strings, value, include and compare. If there is no match for the value it returns an empty string.
18. Define constants in VBScript?
There are many useful constants present in Visual basic script which you can use in your code. They ease your workload by remembering the value and implementing in the code. Maintenance is easy with VB Script because it can easily change the feature of constants.
19. Define about Tristate constants in VBScript?
- Tristate constants can be used with functions which allow formatting of numbers.
- These constants can be used with VB Script without defining them. It can be used anywhere in the code to reflect and represent the values.
20. Define about operator precedence in VB Script?
In operator precedence expressions are evaluated and resolved in a predetermined order. The order of evaluation can be modulated if you use parenthesis. Expressions present in parenthesis are evaluated first.
21. What are the different types of operators and their order of precedence?
Order of evaluation of operators is, first arithmetic operators are evaluated, and comparison operators are evaluated next and at the last logical operators are evaluated at the last. In arithmetic operators, negation, Exponentiation, multiplication and division, integer division, modulus arithmetic, addition and subtraction, and string concatenation are provided.