Food nutrition Multiple Choice Questions with Answers:-
1. A substance needed by the body for growth, energy, repair and maintenance is called a _______________.
D. fatty acid
2. All of the following are nutrients found in food except _____.
3. A diet high in saturated fats can be linked to Find which of the following?
A. kidney failure
D. cardiovascular disease
4. Amylases in saliva begin the breakdown of carbohydrates into __________.
A. fatty acids
C. amino acids
D. simple sugars
5. Your body needs vitamins and minerals because ___________.
A. they give the body energy
B. they help carry out metabolic reactions
C. they insulate the body’s organs
D. they withdraw heat from the body
6. Food passes through the stomach directly by _________.
A. the large intestine
B. the small intestine
C. the heart
D. the pancreas
7. About half of your diet should be made up of __________.
A. grains and vegetables
B. fruits and milk
C. milk and cheese
D. fats and sugars
8. A mineral that the body needs to work properly is _____________.
9. According to the MyPyramid food guidance system, a person should obtain most of their fat from ____________.
A. beef, chicken, and fish
B. vegetable oils, nuts, and fish
C. fats, oils, and sweets
D. milk, yogurt, and cheese
10. A(n) ___________ is a unit of energy that indicates the amount of energy contained in food.
B. food guide pyramid
11. This food group is our body’s best source of energy?
A. Meat Group
B. fats, oils and sweets
C. bread and cereals
D. milk and cheese
12. Find which of these is NOT considered a nutrient?
13. Find which of these is added to the food label because people sometimes don’t eat enough of this?
14. Find which of these is required on the food label?
A. total carbohydrate
D. all of the above
15. The bread, cereal, rice, and pasta group is a good source of _______?
B. vitamin C
D. vitamin D
16. Citrus fruits are an excellent source of _______?
B. vitamin c
C. vitamin B
17. Foods from the meat, poultry, fish dry beans, eggs, and nuts group are an important source of ________?
C. beta carotene
18. Find which food contains the most fat?
A. graham crackers
D. angel food cake
19. The milk, cheese & yogurt group are important for ________?
A. strong bones
D. all of the above
20. How many servings of vegetables do we need each day?
21. Find which of the following nutrients is needed to build and maintain the structural components of the body?
22. Find which of the following nutrients is known as the sunshine vitamin?
A. Vitamin C
B. Vitamin A
C. Vitamin K
D. Vitamin D
23. All of the following are needed for strong bones except:
D. Vitamin D
24. Find which of these nutrients is the preferred energy source for the body?
A. B Complex Vitamins
25. This nutrient is needed for a healthy immune system and strong connective tissue:
B. Vitamin K
C. Vitamin C
FOOD NUTRITION Objective Type Questions pdf free Download::
26. Find which of the following is the best source for omega-3 fatty acids?
A. Corn oil
B. Wheat products
27. This mineral is essential for healthy red blood cells and a deficiency might cause anemia.
28. This vitamin is needed to prevent a birth defect called Spina Bifida
A. Vitamin D
B. Vitamin A
D. Vitamin E
29. This nutrient is needed for making hormones, healthier skin, and to make cell membranes:
D. Vitamin B12
30. This nutrient is most important for healthy vision:
A. Vitamin K
D. Vitamin A
31. The United States Department of Agriculture’s Daily Food Guide suggests that the Fats, Oils and Sweets Group be used ___.
A. once a week
B. four times a day
C. never on Sundays
E. every Tuesday
32. The United States Department of Agriculture’s Daily Food Guide calls for eating ___ servings of the Bread, Cereal, Rice and Pasta Group.
33. The United States Department of Agriculture’s Daily Food Guide calls for eating ___ servings of the Milk, Yogurt, and Cheese Group.
34. The United States Department of Agriculture’s Daily Food Guide calls for eating ___ servings of the Fruit Group every day.
35. Find which of the following beverages has no fat, sugar, or oils?
B. root beer
C. coffee with cream
D. iced tea unsweetened
36. Find what food doesn’t belong to this food group?
37. Find what food doesn’t belong to this food group?
C. said dressing
38. Find what food doesn’t belong to this food group?
A. chocolate milk
B. cream cheese
C. ice cream
D. salad dressing
39. _________is an example of a hydrogenated fat.
C. Olive oil
40. If you order hot oatmeal in a restaurant it may taste flat because
A. no sugar was added.
B. no salt was added.
C. it was cooked in a microwave.
41. Fruits and vegetables are usually considered as good sources of
B. vitamins & minerals.
C. unsaturated fats.
42. Degenerative diseases are most closely associated with
A. diets are deficient in protein.
B. affluent lifestyles.
43. The “bottom line” in determining the quality of a recipe is
A. nutritional value.
B. taste testing.
44. Eggs, milk, and meat are usually classified as good sources of
45. The human body and the food that fuels it came together as a consequence of
A. chance, time, and circumstance
B. the activity of an intelligent designer
C. neither of the above