SSB Interview Questions for Computer Science/IT:-
1. What are the basic functions of an operating system?
2. Explain briefly about, processor, assembler, compiler, loader, linker and the functions executed by them.
3. What are the different phases of software development? Explain briefly?
4. Differentiate between RAM and ROM?
5. What is DRAM? In which form does it store data?
6. What is cache memory?
7. What is a hard disk and what is its purpose?
8. Differentiate between Compiler and Interpreter?
9. What is the main difference between Micro-Controller and Micro- Processor?
10. What is a Real-Time System?
11. What is the difference between Hard and Soft real-time systems?
12. What is a mission-critical system?
13. What is the important aspect of a real-time system?
14. If two processes which share the same system memory and the system clock in a distributed system, What is it called?
15. What is the state of the processor, when a process is waiting for some event to occur?
SSB Interview Technical Questions for CSE/IT :
16. What do you mean by deadlock?
17. Explain the difference between microkernel and macro kernel.
18. Give an example of a microkernel.
19. When would you choose the bottom-up methodology?
20. When would you choose top-down methodology?
21. Why paging is used?
22. Difference between Primary storage and secondary storage?
23. What is multi-tasking, multi-programming, multithreading?
24. Difference between multithreading and multi-tasking?
25. Define Demand paging, page faults, replacement algorithms, thrashing.
26. Explain about paged segmentation and segment paging
27. While running DOS on a PC, which command would be used to duplicate the entire diskette?