Ethical Hacking Multiple Choice Questions with Answers:-
1. Scanning is performed in which phase of a pen test?
2. What will an open port return from an ACK scan?
3. Your target system is behind a firewall. Using hping2, you craft SYN packets to send with a hop count capable of reaching the host. You then send these packets out with port numbers from 1 to 1024. What action are you performing?
C. Passive footprinting
D. XMAS scan
4. What is the preferred communications method used with systems on a bot-net?
5. Which of the following best describes a distributed denial-of-service attack?
A. A DoS against an entire subnet, affecting multiple systems
B. A DoS against multiple systems across an enterprise network
C. A DoS against similar systems in different target networks
D. A DoS carried out by multiple systems
6. What does the program EliteWrap do?
A. Provides secure, encrypted tunneling between hosts
B. Provides proxy services to obfuscate source IPs
C. Ports code easily between different operating systems
D. Binds Trojans to legitimate files for exploitation later
7. What is the attack called “evil twin”?
A. MAC spoofing
B. ARP poisoning
C. Rogue access point
D. Session hijacking
8. Which of the following is a passive wireless discovery tool?
D. Not sniff
9. What is TKIP and how does it make WPA-2 a better security choice for your wireless network?
A. Temporal Key Integrity Protocol. It forces a key change every 10,000 packets or so.
B. Temporal Key Integrity Protocol. It forces a key change every time a bit is sent.
C. Temporary Key Integration Protocol. It forces a key change every 10,000 packets or so.
D. Temporary Key Integration Protocol. It forces a key change every time a bit is sent.
10. Which of the following is true regarding WEP cracking?
A. Initialization vectors are small, get reused frequently, and are sent in cleartext.
B. Initialization vectors are small, get reused frequently, but are encrypted during transmission.
C. Initialization vectors are large, get reused frequently, and are sent in cleartext.
D. Initialization vectors are large, get reused frequently, but are encrypted during transmission.
ETHICAL HACKING Objective Type Questions pdf free Download::
11. What is another term for turning off the SSID broadcast?
A. SSID stealth
B. SSID unicast
C. SSID cloaking
D. SSID Sec
12. What is the maximum length of an SSID?
A. Eight characters
B. Sixteen characters
C. Thirty-two characters
D. Sixty-four characters
13. Which wireless mode connects machines directly to one another, without the use of an access point?
A. Point to point
C. Ad hoc
14. Which wireless standard can operate at speeds of 100+ Mbps and uses the 2.4GHz to the 5GHz range?
15. You are assigned to begin testing on a particular subnet. On examination of the segment, you notice the network is fully switched. Which of the following would allow you to begin sniffing traffic to or from devices on the subnet?
Hint: The key to this question lies with the ‘fully switched’ designator.
A. Use Nmap to begin a port scan.
B. Use snort to view all packets.
C. Use either flood to create a MAC flood.
D. None of the above.