1. what is Bootstrap?
2. why to choose Bootstrap for building the websites?
There are a few reasons why we choose Bootstrap for building websites
- Mobile Support: For mobile devices, it provides full support in one single file rather than in separate file. It supports the responsive design including adjusting the CSS based on the different types of device, size of the screen, etc. It reduces the extra effort for developers.
- Easy to learn: Writing application in bootstrap is easy if you know CSS and HTML
- Browser Support: It supports all the popular browsers like Firefox, Opera, Safari, IE, etc.
3. What are the key components of Bootstrap?
The key components of Bootstrap are
- CSS: It comes with plenty of CSS files
- Scaffolding: It provides a basic structure with a Grid system, link styles, and background
- Layout Components: List of layout components
- Customize: To get your own version of the framework you can customize your components
4. what are class loaders in Bootstrap?
The class loader is a part of JRE (Java Runtime Environment) which loads Java classes into Java virtual environment. Class loaders also do the process of converting a named class into its equivalent binary form.
5. What are the types of layout available in Bootstrap?
In Bootstrap, there are two types of Layout available
- Fluid Layout: Fluid layout is used when you want to create an app that is 100% wide and use up all the width of the screen
- Fixed Layout: For a standard screen you will use fixed layout (940 px) option
6. what is the Bootstrap Grid System?
For creating page layout through a series of rows and columns that house your content Bootstrap Grid System is used.
7. What are offset columns in Bootstrap?
- For more specialized layouts offsets are a useful feature. For more spacing, they can be used by pushing column over.
- For example, .col-xs=* classes do not support offset but they are easily replicated using an empty cell
8. What is column ordering in Bootstrap?
Column ordering is one of the features available in bootstrap and you can easily write columns in order and show them in another one. With .col-MD-push-* and .col-MD-pull-*
the order of the column can be easily changed.
9. What function you can use to wrap a page content?
To wrap a page content you can use .container and using that you can also center the content.
10. Explain what pagination in bootstrap is and how they are classified?
Pagination is the handling of an unordered list by bootstrap. To handle pagination bootstrap provides the following classes
- .pagination: To get pagination on your page you have to add this class
- .disabled, .active: Customize links by .disabled for unclickable links and .active to indicate the current page
- .pagination-Ig, .pagination-sm: Use these classes to get different size item
11. What is the use of Jumbotron in Bootstrap?
In bootstrap, Jumbotron is generally used for content that you want to highlight like some slogan or marketing headline, etc. in other words it is used to enlarge the size of the headings and to add a margin for the landing page content
To use the Jumbotron in Bootstrap
- Create a container <div> with the class of .jumbotron
12. What is the difference between Bootstrap and Foundation?
13. In Bootstrap what are the two ways you can display the code?
In bootstrap, you can display code in two ways
► <code> tag: If you are going to display code inline, you should use <code> tag
► <pre> tag: If you want to display the code as a standalone block element or it has multiple lines then you should use <pre> tag
14. what are the steps for creating basic or vertical forms?
The steps for creating basic or vertical forms are
- Add a role form to the parent <form> element
- Wrap labels and controls in a <div> with class .form-group. To achieve optimum spacing this is needed
- Add a class of .form-control to all texturl <input> , <textarea> , and <select> elements
15. what is Modal plugin used for in Bootstrap?
A modal is a child window that is layered over its parent window. Using a custom Jquery Plugin, Bootstrap Modal are created. To enrich the user experience and to add functionality to users, modal windows are created with the help of Modal plugin.
BOOTSTRAP Questions pdf free download::
16. what is Bootstrap Container?
The bootstrap container is a class which is useful and creates a central area within the page where our site content can be put within. The advantage of the bootstrap .container is that it is responsive and will place all our other HTML code.
17. what is Bootstrap collapsing elements?
18. what is list group in Bootstrap and what is the use of it?
List groups are components to display both simple and complex element with custom content
For example, a simple list group is created using class .list-group to address the list, and class .list-group-item to address individual item.
19. How you can add the badge to list group in Bootstrap?
To add badge to list group in Bootstrap you have to simply add <span class = “badge”> within the <li> element.
20. what media object in Bootstrap is and what are their types?
Media objects in Bootstrap enable to put media object like image, video or audio to the left or right of the content blocks. Media element can be created using the class .media and the source is specified in using the class .media-object. Media-objects are of two types,
They are of two types
21. what is Bootstrap well?
Bootstrap well is a container <div> that makes the content to appear sunken or an inset effect on the page. In order to create a well, wrap the content that you would like to appear in the well with a <div> containing the class of .well.
22. Explain how you can create Nav elements in Bootstrap?
Bootstrap offers various options for styling navigation elements all of them use the same markup and base class .nav.
To create Tabular Navigation or Tabs
► Start with a basic unordered list with the base class of .nav
► Then add class .nav-tabs
23. Explain what is the use of Bootstrap Carousel plugin?
The Carousel plugin is used to add a slider to your site. It is useful in a condition where you want to display a huge amount of contents within a small space on the web pages. Some of the standard carousels include
– .carousel (options)
– .carousel (‘cycle’)
– .carousel (‘pause’)
– .carousel (‘number’)
– .carousel (‘prev’)
– .carousel (‘next’)
24. Can we include bootstrap CDN instead of download the Bootstrap?
Yes sure, we can do from following
25. What is the difference between Fluid Layout and responsive Layout?
The fluid layout adapts itself to different browser window sizes, all the values used are calculated proportionally to the viewport size, so when resizing, all the columns are resized.
Responsive layout is able to adapt itself to different sizes as well. When resizing, the number of columns changes according to the available space.
26. What is Jumbotron?
A jumbotron is used for content that you want to highlight like some slogan OR marketing headline.
27. What to display code in bootstrap?
you can use following tags
28. What is Modal plugin used for in Bootstrap?
Modal Plugin is a child window that is layered over its parent window
29. What is Bootstrap Container in Bootstrap?
A bootstrap container is a class which is useful and creating a central area on the page for display.
30. What is Bootstrap collapsing elements?