Agriculture Questions and Answers:-
1. The main advantage of ‘PVC’ pipes for drainage is the feasibility of
(A) Mechanical laying (B) Physical laying
(C) Chemical laying (D) Physical, chemical laying both (ANSWER: A)
2. ‘ESCORT’ tractor is manufactured at
(A) Faridabad (B) Ghaziabad
(C) Kanpur (D) Chennai (ANSWER: A)
3. Soil erosion by wind brings about the serious damage in soil by changing the
(A) Soil permeability (B) Soil structure
(C) Soil texture (D) Soil plasticity (ANSWER: C)
4. High compression petrol engines are used in some tractors and have high performance in
(A) U.S.A. (B) Germany
(C) Japan (D) Holland (ANSWER: A)
5. The distribution of fertilizers by aircraft is widely practiced in
(A) England (B) France
(C) Gennany (D) New Zealand (ANSWER : D)
6. A 2- row potato harvester, working in good conditions with 4 to 5 men on the machine, can do how much hectare per day?
(A) 0.5-0.6 ha (B) 1.2-1.4 ha
(C) 2.5 ha (D) 1.8-1.9 ha (ANSWER: B)
7. Mole drainage is practiced extensively in the country
(A) New Zealand (B) Japan
(C) U.S.A. (D) China (ANSWER: A)
8. Which is not included in the sources of energy, getting for agricultural work?
(A) Diesel engine (B) Electric motor
(C) Bullocks (D) Cow (ANSWER : D)
9. Which is included in dairy equipment?
(A) Threshers (B) Lactometer
(C) Cane Planter (D) Winnowers (ANSWER: B)
10. In our country, for the manufacturing of agricultural implements tools, mostly wood is used, because
(A) Easy available at all the places (B) Wood is cheaper
(C) Easy to repair tools made-up of the wooden, compound to metal tools
(D) Above (A) to (C) are correct (ANSWER : D)
11. Which of the following wood is not used for making the handle of spade?
(A) Sheesham (B) Babool
(C) Neem (D) Mango (ANSWER: A)
12. Soil turning plough makes the furrow of which type (shape)?
(A) ‘V’ shape (B) ‘L’ shape
(C) ‘O’ shape (D) No definite shape (ANSWER: B)
13. Which of the following is one (single) handed soil turning plough ?
(A) Punjab plough (B) Praja plough
(C) Victory plough (D) U. P. No.1 plough (ANSWER: B)
14. The purpose of tillage is/are
(A) Soil clods breaking and suppressing in soil (B) Eradication of weeds
(C) Leveling of soil (D) Above (A), (B) and (C) (ANSWER : D)
15. The main function of the cultivator is
(A) To turn the soil (B) To make a furrow in the soil
(C) To pulverize the soil (D) All the above three functions (ANSWER: C)
16. Bakhar is generally used in
(A) U. P. (B) Bundelkhand
(C) Vindhya Pradesh (D) In all the States/parts of India (in All India) (ANSWER: B)
17. Harrow is drawn by
(A) Bullocks (B) Tractor
(C) Diesel (D) Bullocks and Tractor both (ANSWER : D)
18. Which of the following is not a secondary tillage implement?
(A) Cultivators (B) Harrow
(C) Hoe (D) Meston plough (ANSWER : D)
19. The term ‘Olpad’ in ‘Olpad Thresher’ is named on the name of
(A) Scientist (B) Village
(C) Laborer (D) Farmer (ANSWER: B)
20. Which of the following ‘hoe’ is bullock drawn?
(A) Akola hoe (B) Sharma hoe
(C) Wheel hoe (D) Naini type hoe (ANSWER: A)
21. The land leveling implement is
(A) Patela (B) Roller
(C) Scrapper (D) All of the above (ANSWER : D)
22. Patela is used for
(A) Sowing (B) Levelling
(C) Earthing (D) Weeding (ANSWER: B)
23. Which of the material is not used for making rollers?
(A) Wood (B) Stone
(C) Iron (D) Steel (ANSWER : D)
24. In which condition, the roller is used?
(A) Where soil is wet (B) Where clods are present in the soil
(C) Where soil is friable (D) None of the above (ANSWER : D)
25. Which one of the following work is not done by scrappers?
(A) For leveling of soil (B) For making irrigation channels
(C) For covering the sown-seeds by earth (D) For making ridges (ANSWER: C)
26. Dibbler is used for
(A) Ploughing (B) Seed sowing
(C) Leveling of land (D) Intercultural (ANSWER: B)
27. The minimum expenditure is incurred by implements for sowing seeds among the following
(A) Deshi plough (B) Cultivator
(C) Dibbler (D) Seed-drill (ANSWER : D)
28. Which of the following tool is used for measuring the draft of agricultural implements?
(A) Dynamometer (B) Hydrometer
(C) Galvanometer (D) Barometer (ANSWER: A)
29. Which of the following does not affect the draft of ploughs?
(A) Width of furrow (B) Depth of furrow
(C) Length of furrow (D) Soil moisture (ANSWER: C)
30. Swing-basket (Dhenkuli) is used for
(A) Making furrow (B) Lifting water from wells
(C) Destroying weeds (D) Leveling of land (ANSWER: B)
31. Which of the following is used maximum for lifting water from wells?
(A) Persian wheel (Rahat) (B) Swing basket (Bedi)
(C) Dhenkuli (D) Don (ANSWER: A)
32. Which of the following is used for lifting water from 8-10 m depth?
(A) Washer Rahat (B) Hand pump
(C) Mayadar lift (D) None of the above (ANSWER : D)
33. In which implement. bullocks are not used for lifting water?
(A) Baldev Balti (B) Charsa
(C) Egyptian screw (D) Rahat (Persian wheel) (ANSWER: C)
34. The working efficiency per day of deshi plough is
(A) 0.3 ha (B) 0.4 ha
(C) 0.6 ha (D) 0.8 ha (ANSWER: B)
35. Which of the method of ploughing is mostly practiced?
(A) Outside to inside ploughing (B) Inside to outside ploughing
(C) Ploughing by putting furrow from one side of the field (D) Ploughing by halai making (ANSWER : D)
36. The best method of ploughing through deshi plough is
(A) Outside to inside ploughing (B) Inside to outside ploughing
(C) Ploughing by making halai (D) Ploughing by making furrow from one side of the field (ANSWER: C)
37. How much is the working efficiency of dibbler (ha per day)?
(A) 0.15 (B) 0.25
(C) 0.35 (D) 0.45 (ANSWER : A)
38. Tillage includes
(A) Ploughing of land (B) Keep the land free from weeds
(C) Make the soil leveled (D) All of the above operations (ANSWER : D)
39. The function of the seed-drill is
(A) Making furrow (B) Dropping seeds
(C) Covering the seeds in the furrow (D) All of the above (ANSWER : D)
40. Wrought iron contains carbon (percent)
(A) 0.05-1% (B) 1-2%
(C) 2-3% (D) 3-4% (ANSWER : A)
41. The mold-board of a tractor-drawn soil turning plow is the type of
(A) General purpose (B) Stubble
(C) Sod (breaker) (D) High speed (ANSWER : D)
42. Among the following, ridger is not used in crop
(A) Maize (B) Gram
(C) Potato (D) Sugarcane (ANSWER: B)
43. Belt mostly used is of types
(A) Rubber (B) Kirmich
(C) Leather (D) Cotton thread (ANSWER: A)
44. The major defects of rubber belts are
(A) Costly (B) Slips on wet
(C) Early rubbed (D) Increased due to heat (ANSWER: B)
45. How many m.m. are in one-foot length?
(A) 304.8 (B) 404.8
(C) 204.8 (D) 104.8 (ANSWER: A)
46. The grooved pulleys are made-up of
(A) Steel (B) Cast iron
(C) Wooden (D) Above (A) and (B) both (ANSWER : D)
47. A general farmer used deshi plough for the purpose of
(A) Land ploughing (B) Collecting weeds
(C) Making soil powdery (D) Above all works (ANSWER : D)
48. Which of the following is best for driving the machine from low power to slow speed?
(A) Belts and pulley (B) Spur gear
(C) Toothed wheel and chains (D) None of the above (ANSWER: A)
49. Reapers are used for
(A) Crop cutting (B) Threshing of harvested crop produce (lank)
(C) Seeds sowing (D) Fodder cutting (ANSWER: A)
50. Threshers (except Olpad threshers) are driven by
(A) One pair of bullocks (B) Two pair of bullocks
(C) Diesel (D) All of the above (ANSWER: C)
AGRICULTURE Objective Questions pdf free download::
51. Winnowing it called
(A) Cutting a crop (B) To separate straw etc. from threshed lank
(C) To thresh (D) Cutting the fodder (ANSWER: B)
52. Chaff-cutter is driven by
(A) Hand (B) Bullocks
(C) Electric power (D) All of the above (ANSWER : D)
53. Sugarcane juice is extracted (%) from canes through bullock-drawn cane-crusher
(A) 50-55 (B) 70-75
(C) 25-30 (D) 60-65 (ANSWER : D)
54. ‘Olpad’ thresher is used in
(A) Oil extraction from mustard, toria, etc. (B) Extracting juice from the cane
(C) Threshing of wheat, barley, pea, etc. (D) All (A), (B) and (C) (ANSWER: C)
55. ‘Seed dresser’ is used for
(A) Mixing/treating seeds with chemicals (B) Sowing seeds at the proper distance
(C) Making seeds of high grade (D) Keeping seeds effective up to longer period (ANSWER: A)
56. ‘Try square’ is used by
(A) Blacksmith (B) Carpenter
(C) Potter (D) Farmers (ANSWER: B)
57. Which type of saw is not included?
(A) Crosscut saw (B) Deshi saw
(C) Tenon saw (D) Teething saw (ANSWER : D)
58. Which type of saw, used for cutting a round shape in a hole?
(A) Fret saw (B) Penal saw
(C) Tenon saw (D) Keyhole saw (ANSWER : D)
59. ‘Draw-Knife’ is used for
(A) To fit galua in the grinder (B) Making round the corners of the wood
(C) Smoothing the base of wood (D) Sharping teeth of a saw (ANSWER: B)
60. The tool used for making a deep pit in wood is
(A) Adge (B) Saw
(C) Draw knife (D) Chisel (ANSWER : D)
61. The main work of ‘scrapper’ is
(A) For cutting the wood (B) For scrapping the wood
(C) For smoothing the wood (D) All of the above (ANSWER: C)
62. ‘File’ is used for
(A) Scrapping the wood (B) Cutting the wood
(C) Forcing the wood (D) Making equal by scrapping the wood (ANSWER : D)
63. The type of file is generally
(A) Round (B) Triangular
(C) Flate (D) Above all types (ANSWER : D)
64. Brace machine is used for
(A) Making a hole in the wood (B) Scrapping the wood
(C) For smoothing the wood (D) None of these (ANSWER: A)
65. Which one machine/tool is not used in making a hole in wood?
(A) Ordinary drill (B) Hand drill
(C) Pincer (D) Twist bit (ANSWER: C)
66. ‘Bar cramp’ is a tool of
(A) Woodcutting (B) Catching tightly wood
(C) Beating tool (D) Smoothing tool (ANSWER: B)
67. Nail (Keel) pulling is done by
(A) Claw-hammer (B) Pincer
(C) Plier (D) All of these ANSWER : (E)
68. ‘Forging’ is said
(A) Heating the iron (B) Beating the hot iron
(C) Converting into the desired shape by beating the iron (D) Beating iron and making a hole in it (ANSWER: C)
69. ‘Anvil’ (Nihai) is used for
(A) Beating the iron on keeping over this (B) By beating iron through this
(C) Heating iron through handling this (D) Cooling of hot iron (ANSWER: A)
70. Fire is pulled-up through
(A) Poker (B) Sewage block
(C) Showel (D) Anvil (ANSWER: A)
71. ‘Sledge’ is used to
(A) Lift heavy material (B) Fire furnace
(C) Cut the iron in cold condition (D) Cut the iron in hot condition (ANSWER: A)
72. The roller of cane-crusher is made-up of which steel?
(A) Cast iron (B) Gunmetal
(C) High carbon steel (D) Wrought iron (ANSWER: A)
73. The tool use for catching (handling) the claw and turning it hither and thither during beating is called
(A) Sewage block (B) Chisel
(C) Plier (D) Tongs (ANSWER : D)
74. Punches are of
(A) Two types (B) Three types
(C) Four types (D) Several types (ANSWER : B)
75. Agricultural tractors are generally having horsepower (h.p.)
(A) 20-50 (B) 50-70
(C)10-15 (D) 20-25 (ANSWER : A)
76. A three-time furrow plough is ploughing at a speed of 2 km/hr and each furrow size is 20 cm wide and 12 cm deep furrow. How much time, it would require to plough 5 hectare land ?
(A) 41 hours 40 minutes (B) 40 hours 55 minutes
(C) 20 hours 55 minutes (D) None of these (ANSWER : A)
77. If a gear ‘A’, having 50 teeth and running at a speed of 200 r.p.m. is driving to another gear ‘B’ having 125 r.p.m. How many number of teeth in gear’ B’ ?
(A) 500 (B) 400
(C) 80 (D) 60 (ANSWER : C)
78. Animal driven cane planter is developed by
(A) ICAR (B) CIAE
(C) IISR (D) IARI (ANSWER : C)
79. A 10 cm wide belt is running at a speed of 900 r.p.m. If the 15 H. P. is available, then how much plies of belt ?
(A) 3 (B) 10
(C) 6 (D) 4 (ANSWER : D)
80. How much width belt would be needed if 20 H. P. is to be transferred through a belt of 10 plies, where speed of belt is 1460 r.p.m. ?
(A) 4 cm (B) 8 cm
(C) 5 cm (D) 6 cm (ANSWER : B)
81. A 10 cm wide belt, having the speed of 1350 meter per minute, would be appropriate to transfer the how much H. P. ?
(A) 20 (B) 15
(C) 25 (D) 40 (ANSWER : B)
82. A tractor driving pulley has its 25 cm diameter and revolving at a speed of 960 r.p.m. If on the shaft of a thresher, an attached pulley is revolving at a speed of 1600 r.p.m. what would be the diameter of this pulley ?
(A) 16 cm (B) 15 cm
(C) 12 cm (D) 20 cm (ANSWER : C)
83. A pulley of 21 cm diameter and revolving at 1600 r.p.m. Find out the speed of the belt running over it
(A) 1120 m/minute (B) 1200 m/minute
(C) 1056 m/minute (D) None of these (ANSWER : B)
84. If the distance between two pullies, having a diameter of 45 cm and 39 cm, is 3.2 meter, then what would be the length of the required flat belt?
(A) 6.8 m (B) 7.72 m
(C) 9.4 m (D) 7.2 m (ANSWER : B)
85. Two pair of bullocks are ploughing a field by victory ploughs at a speed of 2 km/hr. If the average width of each furrow is 25 cm. How much time will be required to plough one hectare land? Where after each two hours working, 20 minutes rest is required to provide ?
(A) 10 hours (B) 8 hours
(C) 11 hours 40 minutes (D) 8 hours 20 minutes (ANSWER : C)
86. If the relative distance is 2.5 metre of centre points of two pullies, having SO cm and 25 cm diameters, then, how much length (metre) of ‘V’ belt would be required ?
(A) 6.18875 (B) 5.18775
(C) 6.28775 (D) 6.18775 (ANSWER : D)
87. A ‘chain’ contains how much metre ?
(A) 20.1168 (B) 21.1168
(C) 15.1168 (D) 18.1168 (ANSWER : A)
88. If the rate of electricity is rupee one per unit, then, a 20 h. p. electric motor, having approx. 100% efficiency will require how much cost (Rs.) on 100 hours running to irrigate the field ?
(A) 500 (B) 750
(C) 1500 (D) 2000 (ANSWER : C)
89. ‘Drip’ irrigation is generally followed in the country
(A) Israel (B) America
(C) Australia (D) Japan (ANSWER : A)
90. In India, under canal net-work system of irrigation, generally, how much amount of water is allowed to run in small canal ?
(A) Less than 4 cusec (B) Less than 10 cusec
(C) Between 15 to 20 cusec (D) Between 25 to 30 cusec (ANSWER : B)
91. Method of irrigation is
(A) Surface irrigation (B) Sprinkler irrigation
(C) Drip irrigation (D) All of these (ANSWER : D)
92. The Torque power to generate revolutions is expressed as (its unit is kg metre)
(A) Length of arm (m) x Force (kg) (B) Length of arm (cm) x Force (kg)
(C) Length of arm (m) x Force (g) (D) Length of arm (ROM) x Force (mg) (ANSWER : A)
93. Work is expressed by the formula as
(A) Work = Force (kg) x Distance (m) (B) Work = Force (g) x Distance (m)
(C) Work = Force (mg) x Distance (m) (D) Work = Force (kg) x Distance (cm) (ANSWER : A)
94. The length of ‘Engineer chain’ is
(A) 100 ft (B) 80 ft
(C) 20 ft (D) None of these (ANSWER : A)
95. The length of ‘Gunter chain’ is
(A) 66 ft (B) 100 ft
(C) 20 ft (D) 90 ft (ANSWER : A)
96. The area of an acre is
(A) 0.40 (B) 0.80
(C) 1.10 (D) None of these (ANSWER : D)
97. One centimetre is equal to
(A) 5 mm (B) 10 mm
(C) 15 mm (D) None of these (ANSWER : B)
98. The draft of ‘Victory plough’ is
(A) 80-100 kg (B) 40-50 kg
(C) 70-80 kg (D) 10-20 kg (ANSWER : A)
99. How much horsepower (h.p.) is in one kW (Kilowatt) ?
(A) 1.34 (B) 1.90
(C) 2.00 (D) 3.80 (ANSWER : A)
100. Manpower is considered equal to how much horsepower (h.p.) ?
(A) 0.1 (B) 0.2
(C) 0.3 (D) 0.4 (ANSWER : A)