PPC Multiple Choice Questions with Answers:-
1) True or False. An advertiser is selling ballet slippers. If he does not want his ad to appear when ‘wedding ballet slippers’ is queried, he should apply the negative-match keyword ‘wedding.’
2) The most effective AdWords ad headlines ______.
A. include the company name or website domain name
B. do not contain the most important keywords
C. are written in all capital letters
D. directly relate to the keywords being searched
3) What is the CTR for a keyword that has 25 clicks and 100 impressions?
A. Whatever it is, it’s not good.
4) When editing an Ad Group’s properties you CAN NOT do the following:
A. Pause the Ad Group so ads stop showing.
B. Set a default bid that every keyword in the Ad Group will inherit by default.
C. Increase your Daily Budget.
D. Change the name of an Ad Group that already exists.
5) To indicate a keyword as an exact match, which of the following should be used?
B. Brackets [ ]
C. Quotations” ”
D. Parenthesis ( )
6) Single-word or general keywords are ______.
A. excellent for your return on investment
B. too broad and can lead to clicks from people who don’t know what you’re offering
C. useful in generating highly targeted traffic for your site
D. good for preventing irrelevant traffic
7) Let’s say that you have a new product that needs to be advertised in a specific location. What action should you take?
A. Create a new account
B. Set an additional location target in an existing campaign
C. Create a new campaign
D. Create a new ad group in an existing campaign
8) Which punctuation should you apply when using the broad-matched keyword matching option?
B. Brackets [ ]
C. Quotations” ”
D. Parenthesis ( )
9) Which of the following IS NOT a factor used to determine Quality Score?
A. Your account history, which is measured by the CTR of all the ads and keywords in your account.
B. The historical CTR of the display URLs in the ad group.
C. The number of keywords on your landing pages.
D. The relevance of the keyword and the matched ad to the search query.
E. The relevance of the keyword to the ads in its ad group.
10) An AdWords Standard Edition account can house up to ______ campaigns and ______ ad groups per campaign.
D. Unlimited, Unlimited
11) Which of the following is not a good way to expand your keyword list?
A. List 2- to 3-word phrases that searchers might use to find your product or service.
B. Use a keyword tool.
C. List as many keywords as possible to draw all possible traffic.
D. List plural variations, synonyms, and spelling variations of your existing keywords.
12) What formula does Google use to determine the actual CPC when an advertisers’ ad is clicked on?
A. Clicks / Impressions
B. QS * Max CPC (bid)
C. Position * QS
D. Impressions * Clicks
13) Which keyword matching option provides the best possibility for high numbers of ad impressions?
A. Exact Match
B. Broad Match
C. Phrase Match
E. High Traffic Match
14) True or False. A low CTR on content pages always indicates that your ads are not profitable.
15) Google determines an ad’s rank based on:
A. your website’s performance in Google’s natural search results.
B. your CPC bid.
C. your keyword’s quality score on Google and its CPC.
D. the length of time you have been an AdWords advertiser.
16) True or False. A bid can be set for both an Ad Group AND a keyword.
17) Which three of the following can be done to increase traffic? (Select 3)
A. Add new or unused keywords
B. Create keywords for unadvertised products
C. Delete all poorly performing keywords
D. Raising your Maximum CPC
18) True or False. Exact match tends to give you fewer clicks but higher conversions.
19) It is important to browse competitors’ advertisements and sites ______.
A. to help you get an idea of what sets you apart from them
B. to help you mimic some of the effective techniques that competitors use
C. to help you to show your ads on the same keywords
D. so you can incorporate effective phrases from their ad text
20) True or False. You can use multiple keyword matching options for different keywords in the same ad group.
21) The formula to calculate CTR is:
A. impressions + clicks + conversions
C. conversions / impressions
E. None of these.
22) The last visible line on an AdWords ad is called:
A. The CTR.
B. The Display URL.
C. The Description Line 2.
D. The Landing Page.
E. The Conversion Rate.
23) Which of the following is not a technique for optimizing your account?
A. Organizing your ad groups
B. Editing your landing page
C. Increasing your daily budget
D. Changing your cost-per-click (CPC) Bids
24) Each AdWords campaign has its own daily budget.
25) The more _______ a keyword, the more potential traffic it has.
PPC Objective Questions pdf free download::
26) A searcher types a (blank) into a search engine to find information. What is (blank)?
D. Search Query
E. Text Ad
27) What is the CTR of an ad that has 30 clicks and 1,000 impressions?
28) What is something you CAN NOT do to improve the QS of a particular keyword?
A. Change the ads that are being matched to it.
B. Reset the QS so it can have a fresh start.
C. Add negative keywords to the keyword’s Ad Group.
D. Change the keyword’s Match Type.
29) True or False. It is best to keep keyword lists in each ad group small and manageable.
30) True or False. The default setting for any new keyword is phrase match.
31) What is the structure of an AdWords account from the top down?
A. Account, ad group, campaign, ad text, and keywords and placements
B. Account, campaign, ad text and keywords, and placements, CPC and budget
C. Account, campaign, ad group, ad text, and keywords and placements
D. Account, budget, ad group, campaign and keywords, and placements
32) Which three of the following changes to your campaign settings can increase traffic? (Select 3)
A. Opting to show your ads on our content network
B. Opting to show your ads on our search network
C. Increasing your daily budget
D. Targeting one local region
33) If a keyword has a good CTR but is not converting well, what should you try changing?
A. The matching option
B. The landing page
C. The daily budget
D. The language targeting
34) Which of the following does not apply to the entire AdWords account?
A. Billing information
B. Login email address
C. Daily budget
D. Account preferences
35) Quality Score is used by Google to: (check all that apply)
A. determine how high your ad will be ranked.
B. determine your site’s conversion rate.
C. determine your daily budget.
D. determine if a keyword is eligible to enter an ad auction.
E. determine what will be your actual CPC.
36) SERP is an acronym that stands for:
A. Search Engine Ranks and Positions
B. Search Engine Result Pages
C. Still Everything’s Ranking Poorly
D. Search Engine Responsibility Policies
37) Which of the following statements is true about AdWords ad ranking?
A. Your ad can’t be locked out of the top position based solely on price
B. Having irrelevant keywords and ad text will result in a better rank for your ad
C. Well-targeted ads are those that target the largest number of people
D. The advertiser who bids the most will have the highest ad rank
38) A (blank) is something that Google uses to match a search query with a text ad. What is (blank)?
A. Search Query
D. Conversion Rate
E. Text Ad
39) An ad with the keyword “cheap chocolate” (in quotations) would run on which of the following search queries?
A. Quality chocolates cheap
B. Cheap yummy chocolates
C. Chocolate cheap and tasty
D. ‘Good cheap chocolate’
40) True or False. It is not possible to pause an individual text ad.
41) For a website selling books, which is not an effective negative keyword?
42) What is one thing that WILL NOT improve an ad or keyword’s CTR?
A. Improving the landing page.
B. Adding negative keywords.
C. Setting match types for your keywords.
D. Creating multiple ad variations and letting Google decide what ad is best to show.
43) ______ keywords only show your ad when the precise phrase is used in the search query – without any other words before, between, or after.
A. Phrase match
B. Precision match
C. Negative match
D. Exact match
44) The formula for a PPC conversion rate is:
B. conversions / impressions
C. conversions + clicks
D. conversions + impressions
E. (conversions + clicks) / impressions
45) Which of the following actions cannot be performed from the ‘Keywords’ tab?
A. Edit your cost-per-click (CPC) Bids
B. Check to see whether a keyword is showing ads
C. Edit your AdWords ad text
D. Pause individual keywords from showing ads
46) True or False. Advertisers who have been with AdWords for many years don’t need to optimize their accounts.
47) When editing a campaign’s properties you CAN NOT do the following:
A. Set what language you want your ads to show in.
B. Set a daily budget.
C. Set a specific location to show your ads in.
D. Set the bids for all your keywords.
48) Which of the following is not a way in which you can fine-tune your ads for search targeting?
A. Target specific locations and languages.
B. View the keywords that your competitors use.
C. Choose keywords that are highly relevant to your product or service.
D. Use keyword-match types.
49) Which of the following IS NOT a keyword status option?
50) True or False. With AdWords CPC advertising an advertiser pays each time an appears on Google.