PEGA Interview Questions with Answers:-
1. Operator ID instances are normally stored in the PegaRULES database
as rows of the
2. What is a volatile variable?
The volatile keyword is a type qualifier used to declare that an object can be modified in the program by something such as the operating system, the hardware, or a concurrently executing thread. This means every time the variable is requested inside the program, each time the value is read from the source memory location(hard drive, devices.etc). normal variables are stored virtual memory of the processor. They are synced with source memory
location only twice. Once during first read and second termination write. This is useful when the variable is used as a control condition in multithreaded or RT applications.
3. How many access groups can be associated with an operator at once?
Only one access group at a time, but one operator will have multiple access group in their operator id instance.
4. Can u explain abt ruleset types ?
We have Different types of rulesets are available in Pega
5. What is a production ruleset ? How will it be helpful ?
In the production rulesets area we can provide rulesets, rules in this rulesets will be unlocked in production, the end users directly will change these rules as per requirement, this is called rule delegation.
6. What is the default access role used by developers ?
Pega rules SysAdmin4
7. Different types of classes that PRPC support?
Ans – We have different types of Standard Classes will be available which are, @baseclass is Ultimate base class, And Its Child Classes are work-, Data-, Rule-, Assign-, History-, etc. Pega always Support 2 types of classe which are Abstract Classes And Concrete Classes Abstract Classes are ends with ‘-‘ and abstract Classes cannot create any work object instances Concrete Classes will Does not ends with -, And Abstract Classes will create Workobject instances
8. Rule Resolution ? Inheritence ?
Defer load means, suppose u can use any tabbed Section in that situation u want to load the data on each tab u can write one activity to retrieve data, then large amount of data will be loaded in clipboard, Its an performance hit load the more data in clipboard, So in that situation we can use Defer load option it will prevent performance because while u Check the Defer load option it will ask some activity on each tab Cell properties, so whenever the particular tab is opened then relevant activity only will be fired and load the related data…So it will Avoid the performance Yes we can load the values in dropdown
9. How many types of portals does PRPC can provide? Where will you
specify the portals that u have created?
Composite portals, Fixed portals, Custom portals, mobile portals After creating a portal it will specified in the Access group Settings tab, then it will access to the particular user.
10. Explain Different types of harness that u have used ?
We have number of standard harness will be available in pega, but most commonly used are new, perform, review, confirm, Tabbed, perform screen flow, Tree Navigation
11) If I want to restrict a user to perform on a particular flow
action, how can I achieve it?
we can specify the privileges or when conditions in the Security tab of the flow action
12. How can u expose a property ? What is a linked property ?
By using the modified Database schema or optimise for reporting option Modifying database Schema-à Select Data baseà Select Table-à View Columnsà Select Columnsà Give Database username& password and the Click Generate Optimise reporting means right click on the property and select the optimize for reporting
13. Mention about the flow types ?
Process flows, Screen flows, Subflow’s, Straight through process flows.
14. In my screen flow I have 4 assignments. When I am at the 3rd assignment, I want to route it to a different user. How can it be done ?
No it is not possible to route the assignment in the middle of the screen flow…Suppose if you want to route the entire Screen flow will be routed to different user.. u can give the router in Start shape of the screen flow
15. Use of entry checkbox in screen flow ?
Suppose u can specify the entry point checkbox in the assignment that shape allows as a start point in the flow.. means for which assignment shapes u can check this checkbox that assignments only display in the output, then u can use the breadcrumbs and navigate any screen.
16. What are all the different types of scope that declare scope provide ?
Node, Thread, Requestor
17. Advantages and limitations of declare page ?
The main Advantage of the Declare pages is, It prevents the multiple DB hits, Suppose is there multiple requestors in that node whenever first user login into the application then load activity will be fired and create a declare page and then loaded the data in that page, requestors who can on that node will show this declare page and use the data on
that page. The Disadvantages are it’s read-only to the requestors, and can not add the additional data and can’t delete the specific data.
18. Does Diff b/w declare page and regular pages ?
Declare pages are created through declarative rules, Declare_ keyword must be specified while creating a declare page, Declare pages are read-only pages, These pages Cant delete ,update directly. User pages are created through page new method in an activity, these pages can be updated, deleted directly, these pages automatically deleted once log out from the system.
19. Diff types of declarative rules present?
Declare Expressions, Declare Constraints, Declare On change, Declaretrigger, Declare Index.
20. How do u specify if expression triggers f/w or b/w chaining ?
In the Chain tracking tab.
21. How b/w chaining process works in Pega ? (Goal Seek)
It will searches the first on dependency network After checking the dependency the execution Starts from Lower expression to higher expression. In Activity u can use goal-seek-property to find the missing value of the property.
22. What type of Reporting features are provided by Pega?
A. List View and Summary View
23. What is the difference between ListView and SummaryView ?
A summary view rule defines a two-level report display, presenting summary counts, totals or averages to be displayed initially, and allowing users to click a row to drill down to supporting detail for that row. Summary view rules support interactive charts, trend reports, and the use of AJAX for pop-up Smart Info windows. A summary view rule is an instance of the Rule-Obj-SummaryView rule type. This rule type is part of the Reports category.
A list view rule, an instance of the Rule-Obj-ListView rule type, defines a report. Users can personalize list view reports easily and interact with them. Use the Report wizard to define list view reports and link them to our portal.
24. How to call a listview from an Activity?
In an activity, the Obj-List-View can execute a list view rule.
25. What is Paging in a listview?
To divide the ListView in to different pages and set the number of records to be displayed in a page.
26. What is exposing a property?
Exposing a property means to make a property as a separate independent column so that it can be used in SQL queries and as a criterion in reporting. Steps are as follows,
27. How to expose a single value property?
Process Commander stores the values of all aggregate properties and some Single Value properties in a BLOB column (the Storage Stream) usually in a compressed form. Such properties cannot support selection in the list view and summary view reports, and can slow retrieval and processing in other operations
1. Select Tools > Database > Modify Database Schema.
2. A list of databases identified in Database data instances appears. Select a database and click Next .
3. A list of tables in the selected database appears from Database Table instances. Select a table.
4. Click Explore Columns .
5. The resulting List of Classes window displays the number of rows in the table, the number of columns in the table and a list of the classes assigned to that table. The Properties Set to Be Visible value counts the properties for which the Column Inclusion value is Required or Recommended. This Column Inclusion value is advisory, and does not
indicate whether the property is exposed — corresponds to a column. The Count column shows the total count of properties in this class plus those its parent classes.
6. To see the columns currently defined in this table, click the numeric link labeled Number of columns in this table.
7. The List of Database Columns window shows the column name, column data type, and column width in bytes for each column in the table.
28. How to expose aggregate property? Declare Index rule is a better approach:-
1. Create a concrete class derived from the Index- base class.
2. Create Single Value properties in the new class to hold values of the embedded values.
3. Create a Declare Index rule with the appropriate embedded Page Context value that copies the embedded values into a new Index-instance.
4. Save the Declare Index rule. It executes immediately, adding and deleting instances of the new class.
5. Expose database columns corresponding to the Index- class.
6. Reference the Index- properties in the list view rule.
29. Can we refer the property without exposing in Reports?
We can refer the property in the Display tab without exposing. But we can’t refer the property without exposing in Criteria fields of the Content tab.
30. What is the activity responsible for getting the data in List View?
31. What the class of getContent Activity?
32. Can or have you customize the getContent Activity?
33. How to customize the getContent Activity?
Step1: Create Activity in Our Class and create the New page
Step2: write a query and store invariably.
Step3: call the listview as Call Rule-Obj-ListView
Step4: Write the another activity in Embed-ListParams
Step5: create the parameter. This parameter gets the SQL query from previous activity
Step6: write Java method The java code in this method is Get the page from pyContentPage if page already exists. If page is not available it creates the new ContentPage. In this code get the SQL query from the above parameter and pass this query and above created ContentPage as parameters to this tools.getDatabase().executed(query, page name) method.
34. How do we get the data from the two different tables?
Using the Join tab in Reports
35. How do we fetch the data from two different tables without using
two different tables?
Write a database View. In this view logically combine the Two different tables. Create a class for this logically combined Table. Write the ListView. Applies to class is class of the Combined table. So we can refer the properties of both the tables in list view.
36. What is the use of HTML property in ListView?
HTML Property rules appear in list view and summary view rules to define the appearance of values in reports.
37. Consider this scenario: I need to generate a list view report of
all the work objects created on a particular date and then I need to
include this list view in a section. How this can be done?
Select .pxCreateDateTime ( an exposed property ) under criteria and give the value you are looking for. To include it in a section, check the embedded checkbox and customize the HTML of the section. In that we need to access the list view in a JSP tag or In section, Property is DisplayAs ListView.
38. What is the difference between List View and Obj-List?
List view is generally used for complex queries where sorting is required and also we can retrieve less information using Paging.
39. Explain in brief the configuration of a list view?
List view (an instance of Rule-Obj-ListView ) is used to define a custom report or personal version of a report. A list view can be configured as follows:- Applies to a class of list view will be taken as the database table map for the search criteria. Display fields tab is used to depict the fields that are displayed along with category and to enable/disable sorting Content tab is used to depict the criteria, fields to be retrieved, the key of each row (if selected) and Report source (Page name where the values should be saved and the activity to be called) In organize tab we specify to enable/disable paging, page size, mode, alignment etc. We can also configure additional buttons and their fragments here. Format tab is used to depict the formatting of the list (like even/odd coloring) and details on single click etc. List view can be accessed from an activity or HTML as follows:- Call Rule-Obj ListView.ShowView activity with the class name and list view name as parameters A list view can be used for complex retrievals from the database by not specifying the display, format and Organize table. PyAction in that case would perform instead of refresh.
40. Explain in brief about the configuration of a summary view?
Summary views are used to create reports which are grouped by certain criteria and can be later drilled down. A Summary view can be configured as follows: Applies to a class of summary view will be taken as the database table map for the search criteria Category is used to know under which tab the report should come. Criteria is used in the where class (this can be asked to the user by enabling prompt user) Group by and field functions (like count) are used for initial display. If we have more than one group by it is Displayed one after another on clicking + Drill down fields are used to display the fields when we click on the assignment. Format is used to tell how to format the display and charts can also be used. Summary view can be accessed from an activity or HTML as follows: Call Rule-Obj-ListView.ShowView activity with the class name and summary view name as parameters
41) Diff b/w list Obj-list-view results and obj-browse ?
We can retrieve instances from multiple classes by using the obj-list-view, In obj-browse we can retrieve only Single Class Instances.
1) Diff types of log files available in PRPC?
2) Log level settings?
3) How do you track and analyse all your warnings? Application Pre-flight tool
42. What is an Agent?
An agent is an internal background process operating on the server that runs activities on a periodic basis. Agents route work according to the rules in our application. Agents also perform system tasks such as sending e-mail notifications about assignments and outgoing correspondence, generating updated indexes for the full-text search feature, synchronizing caches across nodes in a multiple node system, and so on.
43. How do we create an Agent?
New a SysAdmin an Agents Rule Set name is the Agent name Agent is an instance of Rule-Agent-Quite.
44. Do we need to create Agent Schedule?
No. Agent schedules cannot be created manually. The Agent Manager on our Process Commander system generates at least one agent schedule instance for each agent rule. By default, the Agent Manager checks for new or updated agents rule once every ten minutes. After we create an agents rule, the Agent Manager generates one Agent
Schedule instance for each node running on your Process Commander system the next time it checks for new agents rules.
45. Do we need to migrate Agent Schedule to other environment?
46. What is the Agent running time intervals?
Each agent activity runs individually on its own interval schedule, as a separate requestor thread. Periodic — The agent runs the activity and then “sleeps” for the number of seconds entered in the Interval column. Recurring — The agent runs the activity based on a specified calendar schedule (for example, every Monday at 5:00 P.M.).
47. What are the Agent Running modes?
Queue mode indicates whether the agent uses the agent queue capability to process items from the agent queue. This feature allows the agent to temporarily skip over items that fail — for example, because a needed resource is locked and try again later to process the item later. Standard — Specifies that this agent processes items from an agent queue and that it relies on the system to provide object locking and other transactional support. Advanced —Specifies that this agent uses custom queuing Legacy — specifies that this is an agent that was created in a version
prior to V5.4 and has not yet been updated. This option is not available for agents created in V5.4 or later.
48. What is the use of referring Access Group in Agents?
Agent activity calls another activity. This called activity may not appear in the agent rule set. So the setup of the Rule setlist and Roles by providing Access group in security Tab. Select the access group to use for the legacy and advanced agents listed in this rule. This field is ignored for agents with a type of Standard.
49. How do we Troubleshoot or Trace an Agent?
1. < env name=”agent/enable” value=”true” /> Verify above tag in the config file. Value of the above tag is true or false.
2. In Agent Schedule, schedule tab verify the checkbox Enable this agent is Checked or Not. And also verify the Enabled? The checkbox is checked or Not.
3. Same thing also check in Agents Rule. In Tracer, we can trace the particular operator or particular Agent. In the prsysmgmt portal, In Agent Management select the particular Agent and Delay the Agent and then run the Tracer.
We can use the Agent Management link in the System Management Application to monitor and control agent processing. Agent runs on different nodes, select the particular node and run the Tracer.
50. What are the Agents for SLA and Correspondence?
The agents in the Pega-ProCom RuleSet process e-mail, service level rules, and assignments, archive work objects, and so on. The agents in this rule provide the following types of processing:
1. Processing service level events and escalation
2. Applying a flow action to assignments in bulk
3. Sending out e-mail correspondence
4. Archiving and purging work objects, attachments, and history
5. Retrieving PDF files from the Pega distribution Manager
6. Running tests defined through the optional Automatic Testing facility
7. Checking incoming e-mail
8. The activity System-Queue-ServiceLevel.ProcessEvents supports service level processing for both assignments and work objects.
9. The activity Data-Corr-.Send supports outgoing e-mail if your system contains one or more Email Account data instances with a second key part of Notify.
51. Who will create Data-Agent-Queue?
The Agent Manager is a master agent that gathers and caches the agent configuration information set for our system when Process Commander starts. Then, at a regularly scheduled interval, it determines whether any new agents rules were created during the last period. If there are new agents rules, the Agent Manager adds them to its list of agents and generates agent schedule data instances for them for each node.
52. What are the Standard Agents?
our system includes three standard agents rules. Because these agents rules are in locked RuleSets, we cannot modify them. To change the configuration settings for the agents listed in these rules, update the agent schedules generated from the agents rule.pega-IntSvcs, Five agents in the Pega-IntSvcs RuleSet process queued service and connector requests and perform maintenance for PegaDISTRIBUTION MANAGER(formerly called Correspondence Output Server, or COS). The agents in the Pega-ProCom RuleSet process e-mail, service level rules, and assignments, archive work objects, and so on. The agents in this rule provide the following types of processing: Processing service level events and escalationApplying a flow action to assignments in bulk sending out e-mail correspondenceArchiving and purging work objects, attachments, and historyRetrieving PDF files from the Pega DISTRIBUTION Manager
Checking incoming e-mail (deprecated in V5.3)Pega-RULES The agents in the Pega-RULES RuleSet perform general systemhousecleaning and periodic processing. The agents in this rule provide the following processing: System CleanerSystem PulsRule Usage SnapshotStatic Content CleanerSystem Work Indexer
53. What is the use of Data-Agent-Queue?
When you need to modify the behavior of an agent listed in an agents rule in a locked RuleSet (any of the standard Process Commander agents rules, for example) you do so by editing one or more of the generated service level rule is an instance of the Rule-Obj-ServiceLevel type. Each service level rule defines one to three-time intervals, known as
goals, deadlines, and late intervals, that indicate the expected or targeted turnaround time for the assignment, or time-to-resolve for the thework object. The goal time is the smallest time interval, the deadline time is a longer interval, and the late interval defines post-deadline times. Each time interval is in days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
54. What are the types of SLA? Where they can be defined?
Service level rules can be associated with a work object or an assignment. For assignments, the service level rule is referenced in the assignment properties panel of the assignment task.For the overall work object, the service level rule is identified in the standard property .pySLAName, typically set up through a model for the class. (The default value is the Default service level.)
55. How do we do Escalation?
Escalation refers to any processing within a Process Commander application that causes high-priority work objects to become visible to users and managers and to be processed sooner rather than later. The numeric property known as urgency determines the order that assignments for that work object appear on worklists. Escalationrecalculates the urgency value to reflect its age, impending due date, or explicit management inputs. Escalation can occur through a service level rule associated with the flow and through background processing by the Pega-ProCom agent.
56. What are SLA’s, how are they different from Agents?
A service level rule is an instance of the Rule-Obj-ServiceLeveltype. The service level can define a goal and deadline times for processing assignment and can execute activities if the goal or the deadline is not met. This assignment-level service level is distinct from any service level associated with the entire flow. At runtime, an internal countdown clock (measuring the completion of the assignment against the goal and deadline times computed from the service level rule) starts when the assignment task is created. An agent is a background internal requestor operating on the server. These requestors can periodically monitor conditions and perform processing as necessary. Most agents are defined by an Agent Queue rule (Rule-Agent-Queue), which includes a list of the activities they perform.
57. How to implement SLA’s? Is it possible to define an SLA for the entire work object? If yes, how?
SLA’s are always associated with an assignment. Just drag an SLR shape and provide an instance of Rule-Obj-ServiceLevel.Yes, SLA can be defined for the entire work object by defining it in the model. The property for this is planate.
58. How to restrict flow to particular users?
By using privileges and when conditions under the process tab of the flow instance.
1. What are the types of Flow Actions? A flow action rule controls how users interact with work object forms to
complete assignments. Each flow action is defined by an instance of the Rule-Obj-FlowActionrule type. Flow actions are of two types: Connector flow actions appear as lines on Visio presentation in the diagram tab of a flow rule. A line exits from an assignment shape andends at the next task in the flow. At runtime, users choose aconnectorflow action, complete the assignment, and advances the work object alongthe connector tthenexttask. A local flow action, when selected at runtime, causes the assignment to remain open and on the current user’s work list. Local flow actions are recorded in the Assignment Properties panel and are not visible on the Visio flow diagram. A local flow action permits users at runtime to update, but not complete, an assignment. Local flow actions always are optional. Users
may perform none, one, or multiple local flow actions, or repeat a local flow action multiple times. At runtime, users choose a connector flow action, complete the assignment, and advances the work object along with the connector to the next task.
59. Explain about Pre Activity?
At runtime, the system runs this activity before it does other processing for this flow action. This activity is not visible on the theVisio flow diagram. This activity executes only once, the first time a user selects this flow action for this assignment.
60. Explain about Post Activity?
Activity to run after other successful processing of this flow action.For screen flow rules By default, when this flow action appears as a step in a screen flow rule and the user at runtime clicks away to a different step in the screen flow rule, this activity rule does not run. To cause this activity to execute when the user clicks away to a different step, select the Post Action on Click Away? a checkbox on the assignment shape properties panel.
61. Explain about Local Flow Action?
A local flow action permits users at runtime to update, but not complete, an assignment. Like connector flow actions, local flow actions are referenced inside an assignment task in a flow. At runtime, users can select local flow actions to update assignment or work object properties, change the assignee, and so on but do not complete the assignment. If a service level rule is associated with the assignment, the service level continues to run. Local flow actions always are optional. Users may perform none, one, or multiple local flow actions, or repeat a local flow action multiple times. On the Action tab of the Flow Action form, we can mark a flow action rule as local, or connector, or both.
62. How Rule-Edit-Validate is different from Rule-Obj-Validate?
Edit Validate is to validate a single property at a time but obj validate rules are used to validate all the properties in a single go. The obj-validate method is used for this purpose.
63. How one single property can be represented in different forms on a screen?
By using HTML Properties at the section level, not at the property level.
64. Consider this scenario: I have a property of type decimal, I need to restrict it to two decimal places only. How easily this can be done?
By using a qualifier “pyDecimal Precision” under Qualifiers tab.
65. How to implement dynamic select and smart prompt? What’s the major difference between them?
Implementation of Dynamic Select:
1. In properties panel select Display As is DynamicSelect.
2. Write Activity for generating Dynamic Select.
3. By using Show-Page method display the data in XML format.
4. Dynamic Select is a drop down from which we can only select a value.
5. Smart prompts acts both as a text box and a drop down.
6. Smart prompts are implemented by using ISNS_FIELDTYPE, ISNS_CLASS, ISNS_DATANODE.
66. What are the difference b/w Page and Page List property, how are they Implemented?
Page property refers to a particular class and is used to access the property of that class. Page List Property also refers to a particular class, but it’s a collection of individual pages of the same class which can be accessed through numeric indexes.
67. What is HTML Property?
HTML Property rules are instances of the Rule-HTML-Property class. They are part of the Property category.
Use HTML Property rules to control how properties appear on the work object forms, correspondence, and other HTML forms, for both displays and for accepting user input. For properties of mode Single Value, an HTML Property rule may be identified in the Display Property field of the Property rule form. HTML Property rules also may appear in a list view and summary view rules to define the appearance of values in reports, and in harness, section, and flow action rules that define work object forms.
68. Explain about Special Properties?
Standard properties mean all the properties in the Pega-RULES, Pega-IntSvcs, Pega-WB, and Pega-ProCom RuleSets have names start with px, py, or pz. These three prefixes are reserved. We cannot create new properties with such names. We can override these standard properties with a custom property of the same name (without changing the mode or Type). Px: Identifies properties that are special, meaning that the values cannot be input by user input on an HTML form. Py: Properties with names that start with py are not special, meaning that values can be input by users on an HTML form. Pz: Properties with names that start with pz support internal system processing. Users cannot directly manipulate pz properties. our application may examine these values but do not set them. The meaning of values may change with new product releases.
Interview Questions On VALIDATIONS In PEGA :
A validation rule is used to validate the value against some other value. Once the validation fails the system adds an error message to that field in the clipboard.
69. What types of validations are there?
Client Side Validations Server Side Validations
70. Define what are the Methods we have used for validations?
1. Obj-Validate –we can referred this method in Activities and inflow actions at Validate Rule field.
2. Edit-Validate —- we can refer this in property form at the edit-validate field and in activities through property-validate method. Note: I think Obj-Validate is used for Server Side Validation and Edit-Validate is used for Client Side Validation.
71. How do you add a custom message to the Property when it fails the Validation.
For this, we have to use the property.addMessage(“your message”) tag.
72. The message is set to the property and the checked in the clipboard
also, the messages got set successfully. But the message is not displayed beside the field in the screen. Why..?
If the property has an HTML property, the tag <pega: include name=” Messages”/> tag must be included
73. Define the operation of Activity-End method?
Use the Activity-End method to cause the system to End the current activity and all calling activities.
Ex: if Alpha calls Beta, which calls Gamma, which calls Delta, which performs the Activity-End method, all four activities are ended.
74. Define about Exit-Activity method?
The Exit-Activity method ends the current activity and returns control to the calling activity.
75. Define about Page-Copy method?
The page-copy method is used to copy the contents of a source clipboard page to a new or previously created destination clipboard page. The source page is not altered. After this method completes, the destination page contains properties copied from the source page and can contain additional properties from a model.
76. Define about Page-New method?
The Page-New method is used to create a page on the clipboard. The new page may be a top-level page or an embedded page. We can identify a model to initialize the newly created page. The model can set values for one or more properties.
77. Define about Page-Remove method?
Page-Remove method is used to delete one or more pages from the clipboard. The contents of the database are not affected.
78. Define about Page-Set-Messages method?
Use the Page-Set-Messages method to add a message to a clipboard page. Like a message associated with a property, a message associated with a page normally prevents the page from being saved into the database.
79. Define about Property-Set-Message?
The property-set-message method is used to associate a text message with a property or a step page. The system reads the appropriate property and adds the message to the page. We can provide the entire literal text of the message, or reference a message rule key that in turn contains message text. (Rule-Message rule type).
80. Define about Property-Map-DecisionTable method?
Use the Property-Map-DecisionTable method to evaluate a decision table rule and save the result as the value of a property.
81. Define about Property-Map-DecisionTree method?
The Property-Map-DecisionTree method is used to evaluate a decision tree rule (Rule-Declare-DecisionTree rule type) and store the result as the value of a property.
82. Define about Property-Map-Value?
The Property-Map-Value method evaluates a one-dimensional map value (Rule-Obj-MapValue rule type) defined in the parameter. The method sets the result as a value for a Single Value property. The related method Property-Map-ValuePair works similarly for two-dimensional map values.
83. Define about Property-Remove method?
Property-Remove method is used to delete a property or properties and its associated value from the step page or another specified page. This does not affect the property rule, its definition.
84. Define about Property-Set method?
Property-Set method is used to set the value of one or more specified properties.
85. Define about Show-HTML method?
The Show-HTML method is used to cause the activity to process an HTML rule and send the resulting HTML to a user for display by Internet Explorer. This may involve the interpretation of JSP tags (or the older directives), which can access the clipboard to obtain property values, or can insert other HTML rules, and so on.
86. Define about Show-Page method?
The Show-Page method is used to send an XML representation of the step page to a user’s Internet Explorer browser session, as an aid to debugging. Note: Use Show-Page and Show-Property only for debugging.
87. Define what is the difference between Call and Branch?
Call instruction calls another specified activity and executes it. When that activity completes, control returns to the
calling activity. Use the Branch instruction to find another specified activity and branch to it without a return. When the system executes a Branch step, control transfers to another activity found through rule resolution. Execution of the original activity pauses. When the branched activity ends, processing of the current activity
also ends. No steps after the Branch step are executed.
88. Define about Obj-List Method?
1. The obj-list method is used to retrieve data to the clipboard as an array of embedded pages.
2. This method creates one embedded page for each instance retrieved.
3. The Obj-List-View method often produces more efficient SQL statements and provide better performance than the Obj-List method.
89. Define about Obj-Browse method?
An obj-browse method is used to search instances of one class and copy the entire instances, or specified properties, to the clipboard as an array of embedded pages. Only properties exposed as columns can be used as selection criteria. However, values of properties that are not exposed as columns, including embedded properties, can be returned.
90. Define about Obj-List-View method?
The obj-list-view method is used to execute the retrieval and sorting operations, but not the formatting and display processing, of a list view rule. The system uses rule resolution to find the list view rule and executes it, but does not produce any HTML output display.
91. Define about Obj-Open method?
The obj-open method is used to open an instance stored in the PegaRULES database or in an external database linked to an external class and save it as a clipboard page. The system uses the specified class and key fields to find and open the object and place its data into the specified step page. The system searches up the class hierarchy as appropriate to find the instance. If it finds the specified step page, the system clears any data that is not and reuses the page. If no existing page has a name matching the specified step page, the system creates a new page.
92. Define about Obj-Open-By-Handle method?
Use the Obj-Open-By-Handle method only if we can determine the unique handle that permanently identifies which instance to open. Otherwise, use the Obj-Open method.
93. Define about Obj-Delete method?
The obj-delete method is used to delete a database instance corresponding to a clipboard page and optionally to delete the clipboard page too. We can cause the deletion to occur immediately, or until execution of a Commit method. This method can operate on objects of both internal classes (corresponding to rows in a table in the PegaRULES database) and external classes (corresponding to rows in an external relational database). The Obj-Delete method uses the class of the page to obtain the appropriate Rule-Obj-Class instance. It uses the table name, key fields, and other aspects of the class rule to mark the instance for deletion. We can reverse or cancel a previously executed Obj-Delete method by using the Obj-Save-Cancel method.
94. Define about Obj-Save method?
1. Obj-Save method is used to save a clipboard page to the PegaRULES database or if the page belongs to an external class save a clipboard page to an external database.
2. The Obj-Save method uses properties on the page to derive the internal key under which it will be saved.
3. This method can create a new database instance or overwrite a previous instance with that key.
4. We cannot save a page that is locked by another requestor.
5. We cannot save a page that our session does not hold a lock on (if the page belongs to a lockable class), unless the object is new, never yet saved.
6. We cannot save pages of any class derived from the Codebase class or the Embed- base class. Such pages exist only on the clipboard.
95. Define about Commit method?
Commit method is used to commit all uncommitted database changes. This method writes all the instances specified by one or more earlier Obj-Save methods to the PegaRULES database (for internal classes) and to external databases (for external classes).
96. Define about Obj-Validate method?
The obj-validate method is used to apply a validate rule (Rule-Obj-Validate rule type) for the object identified on the primary page or step page. A validate rule (Rule-Obj-Validate rule type) can call edit to validate rules (Rule-Edit-Validate rule type).
97. Define about Obj-Sort method?
Obj-Sort method is used to sort the clipboard pages that are the values of a property of mode Page List. We can specify one or more properties to sort on, and whether the sort sequence is ascending or descending for each sort level. Use Connect SQL rules and RDB methods only with an external database. Do not use Connect SQL rules or RDB methods for the PegaRULES database(s). Because not all properties in the PegaRULES databases are distinct database columns, use the Obj-Open and Obj-Save methods, not the RDB- methods, with the PegaRULES database
to prevent loss of data.
98. Define about RDB-List method?
The rdb-list method is used to retrieve rows from an external relational database and place the results as embedded pages in a specified step page of classCode-Pega-List. This method references a Connect SQL rule instance and executes SQL statements stored in the Browse tab of that rule instance. The search can do anything we can specify in a SQL statement, such as a SELECT WHEREstatement. Any constraints on the returned data are in the SQL.
99. Define about RDB-Open method?
The rdb-open method is used to retrieve a single row (a record) of data from an external relational database and add the retrieved data into a specified clipboard page as property names and values. Use this method in conjunction with a Connect SQL rule that contains SQL SELECT or executes statements in the Open tab. Define the SQL statements so that the database returns exactly one row.
100. Define about RDB-Save method?
RDB-Save method is used to save the contents of a clipboard page into a row of a relational database. The system saves the properties on the specified step page to the specified table in the database. This method operates in conjunction with a Connect SQL rule that contains SQL statements such as INSERT, UPDATE, and CREATE statements on the Save tab.
1. Define what is the difference between Page-Validate and
2. What is difference between us?
3. Where assignments will be stored in pega rules database?
4. Where work objects will be stored ?
5. If I have 3 different work objects in my application, how to store
them in three different tables?
6. Define what is StepStatusGood, StepStatusFail rules?
7. How to make any rule as a favorite to your manager
8. Where can i see the parameter values in the clipboard ( values ..) i am passing one activity to other .
9. How to import rules using pzinskey
10. Difference between activity and utility
11. Difference between obj-open and obj-open-by-handled
12. Inheritance concept in the pega (rules, class)
13. Performance of our work in the pega is measured using?
14. How to connect to different pega applications?
15. How to store the instance of the class in a specific database
16. Difference between obj-list, rdb-list?
17. How to see values of the local variables of the activity.
18. How can i store the instance of the class in the database
19. default data table where the instance of the class are store (how it
will search ) pc_work
20. In Routing activity Define what is the default property used to
route the object
21. In routing activity if i use workbasket name instead of work list
name .. when can i know it is wrong (run time, complile time)
23. ticket: Define any senarion u used
24. table used for add note
25. Default activity used to create work object
26. Different type of flows. Define in scenario based where u used and
27. work object ID.. how to create.. activites ued to create, or methods
28. how to send multiple correspondences at a time
30. How to end the work object in the activity ( method used to kill the
33. How can I pass page as the parameter to the activity using java,
34. How to call an Activity from Java step?
35. How to get a property value from clipboard using Java step?
36. How to restrict the harness, section to particular user
38. How a user’s ruleset list is formed ( the logic )?
39. How to connect external java application without using connect-java
40. Spinoff // split join Define
41. Privileges usage…
42. Decision / fork usage… Scenarios Decision:
43. How to expose the column in the blob… of the database
44. Define The various standard attachments PRPC supports are
45. Define Some of the important property streams are
46. Define How does the user validation works for properties in PRPC
47. Define what are the different parsing mechanisms are available in PRPC?
48. Concentrate on required fields of every rule (Rule that you are
familiar with )
49. Tell me about inheritance In PRPC?
50. How to create pz, px, py properties?
Semantic Space Pega Interview Questions
1.Define what are the fields in the properties panel of an assignment shape?
2.Where can we call the activities in a flow action?
3.Define what is Class structure of your Project? Define about the
4.Define what is the Rule availability?
5.Define what is the Final availability and how can change availability
6.Can you Override Final rule?
7.Define what is the rule resolution Algorithm and can you tell me how
it works or search?
8.How it works in the while in Inheritance rule?
9.Can you tell me the direct inheritance and Pattern inheritance?
10.Define what is the Work object?
11.Where is the work object stored?
12.Can you change the Work object table?
13.Define what are the standard properties?
Wipro Pega Interview Questions
1. Define what is SMA?
2.Differentiate Obj-Open Vs Obj-Browse
3. How do you handle exceptions
4.Differentiate the usage of Assignment Shape and Router shape
5. Where do you define default values
6.Define what is the primary key of pc_assign_worklist
TCS Pega Interview Questions
1.Difference between Java and Pega
2.Guardrails of Pega
3.Define what do you mean by Build for Change
4.Difference between page and page list
5.why we use connect-soap and can we use it to connect external database
6.why we use connect-SQL
7.how many shapes you know in pega.
8.Define what do you mean by calculating and edit declaratively not
9.Define what are tickets give a scenario where you used tickets
10.Define what are the 6 R’s
IBM Pega Interview Questions
1) Define what is the Flow Action? Define about the FlowAction?
2) Define what is the Activity?
3) Define Obj-open, Obj-Save?
4) Define what is the Model?
5) Define what is the Harness? Section?
6) Define what is Split-Join?
7) Types of inheritance?
8) Define what is the use of the property-set Method?
9) Diff b/w Decision Table and Decision tree?
10) Declare expression and Declare constraints?
Accenture Pega Interview Questions
1) How do you expose a property?
2) Define what is the need of exposing a property?
3) About obj-open,obj-save?
4) Difference obj-list, Obj-browse?
5) rdb-open, rdb-save?
6) Define what is a screen flow?
7) Difference between screen flow and process flow?
8) What is Split-ForEach?
9) Difference between page and page list?
10) What is the work object? Where it is Stored? Can We Change The Table?
11) What is a class group?