When a physiotherapist comes to your place to provide services related to post-injury, it is termed in-home physical therapy. Home therapy is the best option when the patients are elderly because they require special care. This kind of treatment is also provided to those patients who are not able to leave their homes because of severe injuries and pain.
There are several options in the market available nowadays who can easily provide you health-care services at your place. However, you need to be careful while picking up the right destination for your patient. We recommend you to check out familyfisio.com and book your appointment at the earliest. It is one of the best sites that provide health care services at your house.
Benefits Of In-Home Physical Therapy
- One-on-one health care: The caregiver delivers undivided attention to the patients that are treated at their houses. However, when a patient gets PT in some hospital or clinic, he does not get proper attention from the doctor. There might be disturbances because of multiple patients and the other duties of the caregiver. When PT is provided at your own space, you can feel the quality of treatment you receive.
- Simplifies the training: Machines, gadgets, and several instruments present at the clinic serve their purpose really well. However, when you can PT at home, you can use similar items that are easily accessible at your home. With this, you can even train yourself after your caregiver paid you the visit.
- Outpatients are stressful: When a patient leaves his home for treatment, he may experience huge crowds, traffic, and nuisance. This can be disturbing for the patients and they can become anxious rather than recovering from their accidents. To avoid these stressful circumstances, in-home health care is the best course of action.
- Accessible and convenient: For patients who suffered from severe accidents face a lot of challenges in getting the treatment done. Such patients find it difficult even to move out of their place. Therefore, PT at home is very comforting and convenient for these people.
- Greater efficiency: Researches have shown that Physical therapies at home are more efficient than outpatient therapies. This is because the in-house care is more focused and personalized as compared to the care given at clinics. This also helps in increasing the functionality in a patient. The movements and the exercise in daily routine become easier when focused nursing is delivered.
- Helps in the prevention of falls or further injuries: Every house is differently designed. Some are spacious while some are awkwardly small. Some houses may even have unusual furniture which can be dangerous for a patient. However, the physiotherapist can easily detect these spots and help in the prevention of falls and other injuries within your house.
How To Get In-Home Pt?
Most doctors who treat the patients recommend some local nurses that can easily visit them to offer physical therapy. In some cases where doctors do not refer any nurse to you, they will issue you a medical report attesting that in-home medical care is essential. This report states that the person is incapable of moving out to receive the therapy. You can also receive a consultation by calling your local physician or nursing association.
Who can get the benefit from inpatient therapy?
In-home therapies can be beneficial for anyone who is suffering from loss of a moment of muscle or functionality. And in case of severe injuries, a physiotherapist can visit your place. Conditions in which you can get these benefits are:
- Post-surgery situations like total knee or hip replacement
- After suffering from a fracture
- In conditions like multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease.
- After suffering from a heart attack
If you have experienced the above problems and have trouble with normal muscle movement, then you may take the advantage of in-home rehabilitation services.
What happens when you don’t qualify for this service?
Sometimes the health insurance company doesn’t provide medical reports stating your requirement for in-home medical care. This can result when you are unable to give proof about the burden you have to face while moving out. In such cases, you can call your insurance company and ask your, doctors, to explain your condition to them.
However, if you are still not eligible for in-home therapy, then you have to move out of your house to visit the local clinic. But in this case, you can learn the exercises from your physiotherapist which you can easily practice at home. In this way, you can avoid visiting your caregiver on a daily basis, so as to limit your trips.
If any of you is not willing to move out of their house, they can hire a private physiotherapist to pay a visit at their place. However, you should go for this option if you don’t have financial problems as it is an expensive process.
What does a physiotherapist do to you?
On the very first day of your session, your PT will examine your needs. They will ask you various questions such as how able are you to perform your daily tasks, the pain, your sleeping hours, and all the past medical records.
From the second day onwards, they will start testing your movements, heartbeats, and walk. PTs work to create a personalized therapy plan for every patient because each person has different functionality disabilities. Your treatment sessions include the following:
- Warm water therapy, cold therapy, ultrasound, and massage
- Practicing with gadgets like a walker or a cane, helps in providing a balanced movement
To Sum Up
Working under the surveillance of a good physiotherapist can help in speedy recovery from your injuries. Sometimes, a person’s condition doesn’t let him step out of his house to get the PT. Here comes the role of in-home physical therapy. It is always recommended to take professional advice before taking treatment from any local clinic.