1) The Network Devices Enrollment Services (NDES) allows network devices such as routers and switches, to obtain certificates by using a special Cisco proprietary protocol known as ….
A. Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP)
B. Special Device Certification Protocol (SDCP)
C. Secured Network Device Protocol (SNMP)
D. Special Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP)
2) The _____ tab enables you to specify printer settings that are specific to the printer you have installed, such as printer trays, memory, paper size, fonts, duplexing, and installable options.
B. device settings
C. printer preferences
D. output settings
3) If a software package is assigned to a group of targeted computers via the Computer Configuration node, what happens?
A. Next time a user logs in to one of the targeted computers, they are prompted to install the package
B. The package is advertised in Add/Remove programs as an installation option
C. The package is placed on the computers but is not installed until a member of the Administrators group installs it
D. The package installation is mandatory and begins the next time the computer starts
4) What does round-robin do?
A. Allows an administrator to configure multiple routes that user must make “rounds” through in order to reach a service, improving security
B. causes network performance issues by continuously rotating the IP addresses associated with services
C. creates invalid DNS records by disabling DNS timestamp scavenging
D. creates a load sharing/ balancing mechanism for servers that have identical services, such as two servers that hose the same website.
5) Increased network usage has inspired your staff to install a new DNS server. After much consideration, you have decided to also make the new server a domain controller as well. One of your interns is curious as to what benefit this would provide to DNS over simply making the DNS server a member server.
A. The server can do zone transfer for stub zones
B. The AD-integrated domain DNS zones will be created automatically
C. Active Directory integrated secondary zones would be possible
D. resource consolidation
6) If multiple default gateways are assigned to a computer (such as a multihomed server), what determines which default gateway will be used?
A. a random process
B. the default gateway with the highest address is the one used
C. the metric
D. the gateway on the smaller subnet will be used
7) The _____ attribute is checked to indicate that the folder or file needs to be backed up because it is new or changed.
8) What command can you type to perform a system state backup?
A. wbadmin start system state backup
B. wbadmin start system state backup
C. wbadmin begin system state backup
D. wbadmin start state backup
9) Select the answer below that is not a service a public key infrastructure provides to a network:
D. Secure tunneling
10) One of the below IP address/subnet mask pairs is invalid; find the invalid answer.
11) One of your administrators is unfamiliar with using the command line but needs to be able to manage a Windows Server 2008 Core install. While attempting to used an MMC snap-in to manage Server Core, he finds that he is unable to do so. He notes that some snap-ins, such as Shared Folders and Services worked perfectly remotely, while MMCs such as Event Viewer does not. What is most likely the issue?
A. The administrator has permissions to access only specific MMC consoles from his remote machine
B. the other MMCs that the Administrator is trying to access is not available on Server Core
C. A group policy setting is preventing him from viewing higher management level MMCs
D. Server Core’s firewall needs to be reconfigured for the Administrator to access certain MMCs
12) Which of the following is a GUI tool that enables you to view the replication topology graphically and monitor replication performance and status?
13) The Intersite Topology Generator (ISTG) is responsible for assigning one of these for each directory partition in the site:
A. A KCC leader
C. Bridgehead server
D. Domain controller
14) The _____ boxes are used to store special notes about the printer that can help distinguish it from other printers, particularly for the sake of users if the printer is shared on the network.
D. Location and Comment
15) A user has been on a 7-month long sabbatical. Upon return, you discover that her user object was deleted by accident on the same day she left. Assuming that Active Directory is configured with the default tombstone lifetime, how much longer do you have before you can no longer recover her username object with an authoritative restore?
A. No time, the user object has already been cleaned during garbage collection
B. 40 days
C. 90 days
D. 180 days
16) Which description best fits the CA Administrator role?
A. Approves requests for certificate enrollment and revocation
B. manages auditing logs
C. configures and maintains CA servers, and can assign all other CA roles and renew the CA certificate
D. Able to backup and restore files and directories
17) Accessing folders and files can be tracked by setting up _____, which in Windows Server 2008 enables you to track the activity on a folder or file, such as read or write activity.
18) Terminal Services Gateway (TS Gateway) adds to the TS web access functionality by allowing a secure, encrypted connection using ____.
A. Virtual Private Network (VPN)
B. Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP)
C. Secure HTTP (HTTPS)
D. Network Address Translation (NAT)
19) This command is used to display and modify the boot configuration data store.
A. edit boot.ini
B. edit bcd
20) Windows Internet Name Service (WINS) is a legacy name service used to resolve …
A. Domain names to IP address
B. Bootp names
C. MAC addresses to IP addresses
D. NetBIOS names
21) When configuring folder and file permissions, use the _____ button on the folder properties Security tab to change which groups and users have permissions to a folder.
22) Which of the following is an important requirement for running Hyper-V?
A. Must have at least Windows Server 2008 Web Edition installed
B. Must have a multi-core CPU
C. Must have a multi-socket motherboard
D. Must have at least Windows Server 2008 64-bit Standard Edition
23) If correct time zone information is not used and your servers’ clocks run at different times, what is most likely to have issues on your network?
A. Windows Update
B. IP address assignment
C. program performance
D. User authentication
24) If you make changes to an existing GPO that is already linked in Active Directory, how fast do the policy settings take effect?
A. 50 seconds
B. 30 minutes
C. 1 hour
D. As soon as the client downloads them
25) You are constructing a server for a small office complex that will run for approximately 12 hours every day. Because of a limited budget, you have decided to use a disk subsystem that is inexpensive and offers excellent performance. Pick the technology that best fits this description.
26) Under what MMC would you create new connection objects?
A. Active Directory Sites and Services
B. Active Directory Users and Computers
C. Active Directory Network and Connection Objects
D. Active Directory Domains and Trusts
27) Which of the following server roles is not available within a Windows Server 2008 Core Installation?
A. File Services
B. Terminal Services
C. Hyper V
D. Web Server (IIS)
28) A ______ is one in which every child object contains the name of the parent object.
A. disjointed namespace
B. logical namespace
C. contained namespace
D. contiguous namespace
29) In DFS, access to shared folders can be distributed across many servers, resulting in the ability to perform _____, so that one server does not experience more load than others.
C. load balancing
30) A network interface is composed of two parts:
A. device driver software and network media
B. network interface and network medium
C. device driver software and network interface
D. network interface and client software
WINDOWS SERVER 2008 Objective Questions Pdf free download::
31) Setting up and testing AD FS with the simplest design requires at least how many computers?
32) A new employee, Alice, has been hired to work at a branch office configured with RODC. This RODC connects to a DC over a WAN link back at the head office. Just as Alice is about to log onto her machine for the first time, she finds that she is unable to authenticate despite using the correct user name and pasword given to her. Other users in the branch office can log in fine, but Alice cannot. What is most likely the issue?
A. Alice’s user and password information hasn’t been replicated to the RODC yet, and therefore her credentials cant be verified by the RODC server
B. Alice has been added at the head office domain, but not the branch office domain
C. The WAN link failed before Alice could log on, preventing her from making use of credential caching
D. The RODC has different account password information than the information stored at the head office causing a conflict
33) The _____ tab is used to enable or disable a printer for sharing as well as to specify the name of the share.
34) When configuring GPO’s, which node contains the majority of account policies?
A. Computer Configuration node, Windows Settings folder, Security Settings node
B. Computer Configuration node, Administrative Templates folder, Windows Component node
C. The User Configuration node, Administrative Templates folder
D. The User Configuration node, Windows Settings folder, Security Settings node
35) Which of the following is not considered an urgent replication event (one that triggers change notifications immediately, without waiting the normal 15 seconds)
A. account lockouts
B. full name change under user properties
C. changes to the account lockout policy
D. changes to the domain password policy
36) What is the only real downside the stub zone?
A. like conditional forwarders, if a DNS server’s address changes, it must be updated maunally
B. it can only hold CNAME records
C. you have to configure zone transfers
D. Additional traffic created by replicating zone information
37) Select below a vaild requirement for the installation of Hyper-V:
A. Windows Server 2008 Datacenter must be installed to use Hyper-V
B. Your CPU must support virtualization extensions
C. You require a Hyper-V license key
D. You must have at least 128MB of RAM installed
38) When a print job is processed over the Internet or an intranet, _____ must be installed and running in Windows Server 2008.
A. Windows Distribution Services (WDS)
B. Internet Information Services (IIS)
C. Windows Support Services (WSS)
D. Web Server Service (WSS)
39) What version of Internet Inforamation Services (IIS) is included with Windows Server 2008?
A. IIS 6.0
B. IIS 7.0
C. IIS 6.9.1
D. IIS 7.5
40) Your intern would like to know which of the following situations would be ideal for a Server Core installation:
A. You’re installing the first server in a network
B. You’re upgrading from Windows Server 2003
C. You want to run Windows Web Server 2003
D. You want to install an RODC in a branch office
41) When a computer learns another computer’s MAC address, it keeps the address in its …
A. arp cache
B. arp file
C. arp query
D. bit bucket
42) A(n) _____ is like a stack of print jobs, with the first job submitted at the top of the stack and the last job submitted at the bottom, and all of the jobs waiting to be sent from the spooler to the printer.
A. print stack
B. print queue
C. print deek
D. print block
43) How can you ensure that a GPO’s settings are applied to all child objects, even if a GPO with conflicting settings is linked to a container at a deeper level?
A. GPO Filtering
B. Enforcing inheritance
C. Loopback policy processing
D. Inheritance blocking
44) You have created a subnetted network and left 4 bits for host IDs. How many hosts can you have per subnet?
45) What does the “Client for Microsoft Networks” item in a network adapter’s connection properties provide?
A. Allows the machine to connect to Windows Shared resources by using Server Message Block (SMB)
B. Network connectivity. Without it, the adapter is no longer able to communicate with DNS servers running Windows
C. Provides an FTP client
D. Enables the sharing of the folder over the network.
46) A _____ contains one or more domains that are in a common relationship.
47) What subnet mask would correspond to a CIDR notation of /24?
48) Which MMC is used to transfer the domain naming master operations role?
A. Active Directory Schema
B. Active Directory Domains and Trusts
C. Active Directory Users and Computers
D. Active Directory FSMO Transfers
49) What is the default no-refresh interval set to on DNS record timestamps?
A. 7 hours
B. 7 days
C. 7 weeks
D. 7 years
50) The _____ enables you to simplify access to the shared folders on a network by setting up folders to appear as though they are accessed from only one place.
A. Encrypted File System
B. Distributed File System
C. Dispersed File System
D. Extended File System
51) You have a single Active Directory domain. All domain controllers run Windows Server 2008 and are configured as DNS servers. The domain contains one Active Directory-integrated DNS zone. You need to ensure that outdated DNS records are automatically removed from the DNS zone.
What should you do?
A. From the properties of the zone, modify the TTL of the SOA record.
B. From the properties of the zone, enable scavenging.
C. From the command prompt, run ipconfig /flushdns.
D. From the properties of the zone, disable dynamic updates.
52) Your network consists of a single Active Directory domain. All domain controllers run Windows Server 2008 R2. The Audit account management policy setting and Audit directory services access setting are enabled for the entire domain. You need to ensure that changes made to Active Directory objects can be logged. The logged changes must include the old and new values of any attributes.
What should you do?
A. Run auditpol.exe and then configure the Security settings of the Domain Controllers OU.
B. From the Default Domain Controllers policy, enable the Audit directory service access setting and enable directory service changes.
C. Enable the Audit account management policy in the Default Domain Controller Policy.
D. Run auditpol.exe and then enable the Audit directory service access setting in the Default Domain policy.
53) Your company, Contoso Ltd has a main office and a branch office. The offices are connected by a WAN link. Contoso has an Active Directory forest that contains a single domain named ad.contoso.com.
The ad.contoso.com domain contains one domain controller named DC1 that is located in the main office. DC1 is configured as a DNS server for the ad.contoso.com DNS zone. This zone is configured as a standard primary zone.
You install a new domain controller named DC2 in the branch office. You install DNS on DC2.
You need to ensure that the DNS service can update records and resolve DNS queries in the event that a WAN link fails.
What should you do?
A. Create a new stub zone named ad.contoso.com on DC2.
B. Create a new standard secondary zone named ad.contoso.com on DC2.
C. Configure the DNS server on DC2 to forward requests to DC1.
D. Convert the ad.contoso.com zone on DC1 to an Active Directory-integrated zone.
54) Your company has a server that runs an instance of Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service (AD LDS). You need to create new organizational units in the AD LDS application directory partition. What should you do?
A. Use the dsmod OU command to create the organizational units.
B. Use the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in to create the organizational units on the AD LDS application directory partition.
C. Use the dsadd OU command to create the organizational units.
D. Use the ADSI Edit snap-in to create the organizational units on the AD LDS application directory partition.
55) Your company has an Active Directory domain. The company has two domain controllers named DC1 and DC2. DC1 holds the Schema Master role.
DC1 fails. You log on to Active Directory by using the administrator account. You are not able to transfer the Schema Master operations role.
You need to ensure that DC2 holds the Schema Master role.
What should you do?
A. Configure DC2 as a bridgehead server.
B. On DC2, seize the Schema Master role.
C. Log off and log on again to Active Directory by using an account that is a member of the Schema Administrators group. Start the Active Directory Schema snap-in.
D. Register the Schmmgmt.dll. Start the Active Directory Schema snap-in.
56) Your network consists of an Active Directory forest that contains one domain named contoso.com. All domain controllers run Windows Server 2008 R2 and are configured as DNS servers. You have two Active Directory-integrated zones: contoso.com and nwtraders.com. You need to ensure a user is able to modify records in the contoso.com zone. You must prevent the user from modifying the SOA record in the nwtraders.com zone. What should you do?
A. From the Active Directory Users and Computers console, run the Delegation of Control Wizard.
B. From the Active Directory Users and Computers console, modify the permissions of the Domain Controllers organizational unit (OU).
C. From the DNS Manager console, modify the permissions of the contoso.com zone.
D. From the DNS Manager console, modify the permissions of the nwtraders.com zone.
57) Your company has an Active Directory domain. All servers run Windows Server 2008 R2. Your company uses an Enterprise Root certificate authority (CA). You need to ensure that revoked certificate information is highly available. What should you do?
A. Implement an Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) responder by using an Internet Security and Acceleration Server array.
B. Publish the trusted certificate authorities list to the domain by using a Group Policy Object (GPO).
C. Implement an Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) responder by using Network Load Balancing.
D. Create a new Group Policy Object (GPO) that allows users to trust peer certificates. Link the GPO to the domain.
58) You have two servers named Server1 and Server2. Both servers run Windows Server 2008 R2. Server1 is configured as an enterprise root certification authority (CA). You install the Online Responder role service on Server2. You need to configure Server1 to support the Online Responder. What should you do?
A. Import the enterprise root CA certificate.
B. Configure the Certificate Revocation List Distribution Point extension.
C. Configure the Authority Information Access (AIA) extension.
D. Add the Server2 computer account to the CertPublishers group.
59) Your company has an Active Directory domain. A user attempts to log on to a computer that was turned off for twelve weeks. The administrator receives an error message that authentication has failed. You need to ensure that the user is able to log on to the computer. What should you do?
A. Run the netsh command with the set and machine options.
B. Reset the computer account. Disjoin the computer from the domain, and then rejoin the computer to the domain.
C. Run the netdom TRUST /reset command.
D. Run the Active Directory Users and Computers console to disable, and then enable the computer account.
60) Your company has an Active Directory forest that contains a single domain. The domain member server has an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) role installed. You need to configure AD FS to ensure that AD FS tokens contain information from the Active Directory domain. What should you do?
A. Add and configure a new account partner.
B. Add and configure a new resource partner.
C. Add and configure a new account store.
D. Add and configure a Claims-aware application.