WiFi Multiple Choice Questions:-
1. Wireless networking, or Wi-Fi, can be used to connect computers in a home, and many cities are using the technology to offer free or low-cost Internet access to residents. What’s another name for Wi-Fi?
A. 801.12 networking
B. 801.22 networking
C. 802.11 networking
2. A wireless network uses ___ waves to transmit signals.
3. What device sends and receives radio signals in a wireless network?
B. digital translator
4. At what frequencies do Wi-Fi radios make transmissions?
A. 3 GHz or 8 GHz
B. 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz
C. 2 GHz or 7.3 GHz
5. ______ Of the following networking standards, which is not used in Wi-Fi data transmissions?
6. Which networking standard is the slowest and least expensive?
7. Which networking standard was the first to use orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM) as a coding technique?
8. Which short-range wireless standard is used for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs)?
9. You can change the settings on your wireless router through a Web interface. One option you can change is the channel. What channel do routers use by default?
10. Which Operates in the 2.4-GHz Industrial, Scientific and Measurement (ISM) band (2.4 GHz to 2.4835 GHz) and provides signaling rates of up to 11Mbit/sec.
11. Which is expected to be ratified sometime in 2005, this Radio Resource Management standard will provide measurement information for access points and switches to make WLANs run more efficiently.
12. Which is Expected to be ratified in mid-2005, this quality-of-service specification is designed to guarantee the quality of voice and video traffic.
13. Which Wi-Fi security is impossible to crack?
C. MAC Filtering
D. None of the above
14. What should you do to keep unauthorized users from changing your home router settings?
A. Change the firewall settings on your computer
B. Change the default administrator password and SSID
C. Change the MAC address of the router
D. Nothing, only the administrator can change router settings
15. What are the two components necessary to have a wireless network?
A. A laptop and the internet
B. An access point and a WNIC
C. A router and an internet connection
D. A dual layer DVD reader and a LAN
WiFi Objective Questions Pdf Free Download::
16. What channel is the default for commercially sold routers?
A. Channel 5
B. Channel 6
C. Channel 7
D. Channel 2
17. Which of the following is a sign that you might be on an unsafe network?
A. The connection requires you to sign up for an account
B. There is no password needed to access the internet
C. You get free access with every fifth frappe
D. None of the above
18. Why is WEP security not as strong as WPA or WPA2 even though the code key is longer?
A. WPA uses tunneling protocols
B. WEP sends authentication codes with each packet
C. WEP lacks the ability to use special characters
D. WEP is not compatible with Windows 7 or Mac OS
19. Which wireless protocol uses TKIP?
20. What is an Evil Twin Attack?
A. An attack that mimics your MAC address to enter your network
B. An attack that denies service to your router
C. An attack that creates a mock website to trick a user into divulging secure information
D. An attack that copies all of the files from your router to a secondary hard drive on a hacker computer and then harvests information continuously on your browsing activity
21. wifi stands for_________
A. Wireless Fidelity
B. Wireless functioning
C. Wireless function
D. None of the above
22. A Wi-fi enabled device can be_____
B. Game Console
C. Mobile phone
D. All of the above
23. Wifi uses which kind of multiplexing?
24. Wifi Alliance for certified products based on the
A. IEEE 802.3
B. IEEE 802.5
C. IEEE 802.11
25. Does wifi support roaming?
26. What is the “acceptable” limit for the attenuation of a wifi signal (threshold before breaking signal)
A. 75 dB
B. 20 db
C. -75 DB (Correct Answer)
D. – 75 GHz
E. – 20 dB
27. What are the different wireless controllers Motorola
B. RFS4000 (Missed)
C. RFS6000 (Missed)
D. RFS7000 (Missed)
28. How many channels have 2.4 GHz frequency?
C. 13 (Correct Answer)
29. To offer IPAD, it is mandatory to go through access Quickspot
B. False (Correct Answer)
30. The signal/noise ratio or SNR:
A. It is a calculation that determines who makes the most noise in the Office 4001
B. This is what means the quality of the transmission of information in relation to parasites (Correct Answer)
C. This is a signal that sends noise in a building