Cognos Multiple Choice Questions:-
1. Which of the following is NOT a usage property in Framework Manager?
2. When working with dimensional data in Report Studio, an intersection is useful for obtaining a value from the combination of two or more members that you specify. This intersection is called:
B.An X Axis Measurement
C.A Visual Angle
3.In Oracle 11i, which of the following objects does not physically store data?
4. When creating a package in Framework Manager, the following setting allows the data within an object to be used in other objects without the original object itself being available to report users.
5. Without using aggregation (Group By), is it possible to determine the minimum or maximum value of a data set using Oracle SQL?
6. In Report Studio, what function would be useful in implementing alternate line shading within a list box?
7. In Cognos Connection, RSS news feeds may be specified by a URL address.
8. In Transformer, alternate drill-down paths / alternate hierarchies must have the convergence level that is:
9. Are Metric Studio metrics part of the Content Store?
10. Within Cognos Connection, these objects are used to control the display of one or more reports in a single portal page or in a dashboard.
11.In Report Studio, which of the following is not a valid prompt button?
12. Within the expression editor of Framework Manager, quality of service indicator on functions gives a visual clue about the behavior of the function. What quality of service indicator reflects the danger of poor performance on some data sources?
13. In Report Studio, at what level must the query be specified?
D.List Column Body
14. Within Framework Manager, what objects are used to store key-value pairs which create conditional query subjects that allow for substitutions when the report is run?
15. When tuning performance, one should remember that the following setting takes precedence over the other two settings:
A.Advanced Routing Settings
C.Balance Request Settings
16. In Analysis Studio, what functionality would cause subtotals or totals to result in more than the sum of the rows or columns?
17. In Oracle 11i, what type of index is used to index low cardinality columns in a warehouse environment?
18. In Report Studio, what property may be set to prevent the object from being rendered and prevent its space from being reserved in the report?
C.No Data Object
19. What is the Cognos 8 service that manages the storage of customer applications, including application-specific security, configuration data, models, metrics, reports, and report output?
20. What feature allows reports to run based upon the package at the time the report was last saved?
COGNOS Objective Questions Pdf Free Download::
21. For what purpose are custom views used in the Transformer?
22. Within Framework Manager, this type of SQL does not process query subjects as subqueries.
23. In Framework Manager, what object is required to enable drilling up and down in a hierarchy used in Analysis Studio reports?
24. Which of the following is NOT a valid Oracle SQL statement?
A.SELECT column1, SUM(column2) “column2” FROM table1 GROUP BY column1 ORDER BY column1
B.SELECT column1, SUM(column2) “column2” FROM table1 HAVING SUM(column2) = 0 GROUP BY column1 ORDER BY column1
C.SELECT column1, SUM(column2) “column2” FROM table1 GROUP BY column1 HAVING SUM(column2) = 0 ORDER BY column1
D.SELECT column1, SUM(column2) “column2” FROM table1 ORDER BY column1 GROUP BY column1
25.In Oracle SQL, what is the command that returns the first non-null value in a list of values?
26.In Cognos Connection, which of the following is valid permission to be granted at the report level?
27. If the user desires to retrieve all rows from Table A and all rows from Table B based on a join criterion, what type of join would be necessary?
A.Left Outer Join
28.In an Oracle SQL insert statement, is it necessary to designate the column names?
29. What is the regular aggregate property of a calculated fact object within Framework Manager?
30. Can SQL code be added directly into a Report Studio report?
31. What can an administrator use to transfer security data from one location to another using Series 7 namespaces?
A. Settings (.csa) file
B. Local authentication cache (.lac) file
C. Local authentication export (.lae) file
D. Configuration specification (.ccs) file
32. What is the minimum requirement for configuring Cognos Office Connection using Smart Client technology with Microsoft Office components?
A. Excel with MS Office 2003 Professional
B. Excel with MS Office 2003 Standard
C. PowerPoint with MS Office 2003 Standard
D. PowerPoint with MS Office 2003 Professional
33. What is created after the administrator initializes the metric store?
A. a metric extract
B. an object extract
C. a metric package
D. a relational database
34. What is stored in the Cognos 8 content store?
A. Log files
B. Metric packages
C. Report specifications
D. Metric Designer extracts
35. Which type of logging indication can show user calls that are made from Cognos 8 components?
A. audit logging
B. trace logging
C. event logging
D. performance logging
36. How can an administrator ensure that users who are logged on to Cognos 8 are not prompted to log on again when they access PowerCube data?
A. Have Cognos 8 and PowerPlay point to the same local authentication export (.lae) file.
B. Have Cognos 8 and PowerPlay point to the same local authentication cache (.lac) file.
C. Have Cognos 8 and PowerPlay use, like their authentication source, the same NTLM namespace.
D. Have Cognos 8 and PowerPlay use, like their authentication source, the same Series 7 namespace.
37. Which model type enables users to drill down in Analysis Studio?
A. Architect model
B. Relational model
C. Dimensional model
D. Data Manager model
38. Why would an administrator want to copy a user profile?
A. The user was deleted using a third-party authentication provider.
B. The administrator wants to copy trusted credentials for multiple users.
C. The user has changed names and the administrator is setting up an account in the new name.
D. The user requires enhanced security permissions before logging on to Cognos 8 for the first time.
39. Under what circumstances would full logging level be most appropriately used?
A. Whenever users cannot access the data.
B. Whenever detailed troubleshooting is required.
C. Whenever more than one dispatcher has been configured.
D. Whenever the default configuration for logging has been changed.
40. At what level should the logging be set to capture the following set of details?
user account management and runtime usage of Cognos 8,
user requests, and
service requests and responses.